Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have been attempting to reach a number but I keep receiving a message that says Unreachable. I am attempting to connect over wifi and cellular networks but have been unsuccessful. I have connected to the polycom test ip (140.242.250.204) and that works. The ip that I am trying to reach is connecting to another user's phone and is receiving audio and video. I copied her connection method (SIP, UDP, No registration) and was still unable to connect. Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Are you using Android or iPhone?

What kind of WIFI network, home? 

How is your WIFI router configured to route the traffic to your phone's private address?

On my Android phone over 4G using RPM SIP, UDP, unregistered to the Polycom test site fails 'server error'.  Using SIP, TCP, unregistered connects but gets 100% incoming packet loss. Using H.323, unregistered connects with audio/video successfully.

HP Recommended

Are you using Android or iPhone? I have been using an Android and 2 iPads. 

What kind of WIFI network, home? I have tried with home, work, and cellular networks.

How is your WIFI router configured to route the traffic to your phone's private address? Not sure. I was only using Wifi for testing. In practice our connections will be over cellular data.

I only got 'server error' when I was trying to connect where wifi was unavailable and cellular data was getting bad reception. I tried with H.323 but I was unable to get audio and video. Another user's android was connecting with A/V through SIP, UDP, No reg so I was trying that. I'm assuming that it is an issue on the host's end but I wanted to rule out any errors that I could be making.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.