Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

When connecting through Polycom mobile on iPad 2, i am recieving 100 % packet loss on 3G. My video feed is visible to the other party but I am not able to see any video. But it works fine on intranet wifi.

We are using Polycom VBP (Model: 5300LF2-E10) and RMX1500 MCU for conferencing. Problem seems to be on iPad as I am able to connect through laptop over internet.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Kaweldeep Singh

I guess you are having a NAT\firewall traversal issue, your RP Mobile client sents in a call signaling message his local IP instead a public IP. Unfortunately RP Mobile client doesn't have any NAT settings and you should use a special solution (like Polycom RealPresence Access Director) for resolve the NAT\traversal issue

you can find some additional info in that post.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thanks for the revert!

As i am using 3G service through SIM card in iPad, NAT issue should not be there as it is not behind any firewall/router in this case.

HP Recommended

That's not so.

by default your iPad receive local IP address and your mobile Internet provider is doing some NAT\PAT translation for your device.

Some mobile service providers offer additional service - static public IP for mobile devices.

if you would like to investigate that problem I can suggest you to get tcpdump from your VBP, after you will see signaling message and RTP. I believe you will see, that your iPad sents his local IP address in the openLogicalChannel message.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.