Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Installed the trial on Win 7 Pro x64 laptop, connected to wireless sitting behind a Linksys router.  I am unable to make or receive a call to our HDX 7000 system, it doesn't seem to even be attempting the call.  I'm more concerned with making a call from the software.  Any advice would we appreciated.  I've allowed it through the Windows Firewall, but currently I've turned the firewal off with no luck.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello, and welcome to the Polycom Support Forums!

It is a good thing for future posts to check these two awesome FAQs written by Community Moderators which are located here and here

Regarding your question:

1) Which software release of RPD?

2) If version 3.1 and later, did you configure NAT feature under Settings -> Netwrok tab(see attached pic)? 

3) Did you try to call to Polycom test EPs? Same result? Have a look at this post => here <= to find out available test sites. 

4) Is your HDX7000 located behind the FW?

5) Does your Linksys router have embedded FW?

Thanks

Regards,

Alexey

HP Recommended

It is version 3.2.1 and I set the NAT feature.  I tried 5 test sites and the only one that worked was Polycom MA USA HD, and noticed it was the only one using SIP, anything using H323 failed which is what our HDX uses.  I even bypassed the router and plugged the laptop directly into the cable modem and it still didn't work.  Currently I'm trying by setting the laptop in the DMZ and I forwarded the ports 3230-3250 and 1719-1720.  Still no luck. 

Our HDX is behind a firewall, the SPI firewall is disabled on the router.  Any other thoughts?

HP Recommended

Forgot to mention, I set our HDX to SIP temporarily and it still wouldn't work.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Seems that not all necessary ports have been opened. As per the FAQ that was mentioned in my previous post:

Question: Are there specific Ports in my firewall that I need to open in order to utilize video conferencing

Answer: Please check the relevant release notes or admin guide for your device under the section “Inbound and Outbound Ports” or "Port usage" => here <=

RPD ports range is described here

Check the same for the HDX. And I would also do a Wireshark traces to see what happens. 

Regards,

Alexey

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.