Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I get it that Polycom was trying to make the interface of the Polycoms uniform with the SFB desktop client, but the colors are absolutely terrible.  The colors are so washed out on a Polycom vvx500 that unless I'm hunched over the phone, it's hard for me to read anything on the screen.  I changed the contrast to medium which is a bit better, but this is a step backwards in terms of functionality.  The SFB desktop client colors work because the screens are sharper and the color and contrast are much better.  Polycom 5.5.1 GUI is a big fail IMO.

Is there a way to have the 5.5.1 software but changed the colors of the GUI?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello Karnov,

No you cannot change the UI when in LYNC base Profile.

I would suggest you open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

So with what you said, you cannot change back to the Classic "theme" if the Lync Base Profile is used?  I have been working on changing that config "device.theme" to "Classic" and it is not happening. 

The new UI looks horrible on the 500 and 600 and if you have visibility issues, it is waaay worse.  We need to be able to revert that back, please!!

HP Recommended

Hello admcclendon,

Nobody is forced to upgrade to the new Software if they do not like the GUI. 

If there are problems with the visibility then you need to open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I absolutely agree with you Karnov!  Microsoft has FINALLY changed the horrid light blue on blue color scheme as of Version 1609 released in November.  The new color is a greener blue with naturally more contrast (RGB 8,116,170 OR HEX 0874AA).  I think it is an oversight that Polycom didn’t use the new SfB color scheme in their latest firmware build, and puzzling that Microsoft wouldn’t catch that during the firmware certification process.  I would expect Polycom to update their firmware to reflect the latest SfB color scheme, and if they do not, this would be very disappointing!

Thank you for your support Steffen!  All the work you do on this forum is noticed and appreciated.

I would like to remind you this forum this the only modality your end users have to voice their opinions regarding their (often large) investments in Polycom.  For those of us using O365 Cloud PBX as our back end, these newest updates are critical to gain needed fixes and functionality.  Where creating a ticket with our Polycom reseller may help to resolve specific problems, the Polycom user base still needs a forum where we can express opinions and ideas.  A modality where users, resellers, developers, and support can all work together towards a common goal to help drive a product that meets our needs and most importantly, provides a return on our investment.

On that note I would really like to see Polycom sign up for uservoice.com in similar fashion as to what Microsoft had done with the SfB here: https://www.skypefeedback.com/forums/299913-generally-available/filters/hot

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello STRiCT,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately I am unable to comment due this being a public forum and no NDA / Non Disclosure Agreement in place.

I would still suggest you open a ticket as the only way to get this into engineering is via a ticket.

If you contact me via community mail supplying all information like name, company, email and region I can put you in touch with a sales engineer.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi,

I just upgraded our test phone to 5.5.2

We was still using 5.4 in production

we want to update to use phone lock feature on some phones, but I agree anothers, contrast is not great on the new theme.

You should work on little improvement on the next release 

HP Recommended

Hello Doum,

again it all depends what angle you set the VVX via the stand.

We are going to make some changes and working with your Polycom sales engineer will give you access to our BETA program.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I would love to have access to beta 😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.