Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

After testing BToE on a single phone, I would want to push this out to our users.

1.  There isn't any preloaded POLYCOM drivers installed on any workstation

2.  No software other than SKYPE FOR BUSINESS has been installed on a workstation

What are the 'silent' flags to successfully silently BToE and the POLYCOM drivers (for a phone (i.e. VVX 310)?

The end result would be that each workstation would be rebooted; BToE would start at login; SKYPE would start at login; and BToE would pair and activate.

Would appreciate any insight on this.  By the way, my phone reseller has no idea on how to do this...  😉

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I am actually using Admin Arsenal's PDQ Deploy.  I was able to create a package successfully for our enterprise deployment.  As an FYI, the command string used with PDQ Deploy for the silent install was:

msiexec.exe /i "Polycom BToE Connector_3.1.0.0.msi" ALLUSERS=1 /qn /norestart /log output.log

After pushing the code, many our my users got their phones paired without any disruption to their work on their workstation.  Only less than a handful had to RESTART the computer to get the pairing to work successfully.

Maybe that string will help others with their silent installs.  🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello rnlavda,

BToE 3.2.0 has been released => here <=

Unfortunately the layout on the support page is a bit messed up so I need to get this corrected.

Usually you would utilize something like SCCM to install this on a global scale but I will inquire with the team if a manual silent install is possible.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I am actually using Admin Arsenal's PDQ Deploy.  I was able to create a package successfully for our enterprise deployment.  As an FYI, the command string used with PDQ Deploy for the silent install was:

msiexec.exe /i "Polycom BToE Connector_3.1.0.0.msi" ALLUSERS=1 /qn /norestart /log output.log

After pushing the code, many our my users got their phones paired without any disruption to their work on their workstation.  Only less than a handful had to RESTART the computer to get the pairing to work successfully.

Maybe that string will help others with their silent installs.  🙂

HP Recommended

This didn't work for me with the BToE 3.3 Install.   Any help?  tried doing through a CMD file and using our deployment system Kaseya and wasn't getting anywhere.  Logging said that it was a error 1603

HP Recommended

For anyone who happens to stumble upon this, the below command line switches will assist with silent installation:

msiexec /i "install.msi" /qb /norestart RUNBTOE=1 DESKTOP_SHTCT=0 NOTIFY_ICON_EN=0

Some notes:

• Install.msi is of course the file name of the BToE installer
  • DESKTOP_SHTCT=0 may be omitted or set to value 1 (value 0 disables the creation of a desktop icon, application can be started from the start menu)
  • NOTIFY_ICON_EN=0 may be omitted or set to value 1 (value 0 disables the Windows tasktray icon and the notification popups)
HP Recommended

Hello,

We are attempting to deploy 3.4.0 silently and are running into the security promp for installing the device software. We have attempted extracting and installing several digital certificates from the MSI and some of the exe's which get installed.

I'm new to the community, is this to be expected; and if so how have you been resolving it. We even saw that some of the digital certs on .exe's were out of date.

Jake

HP Recommended

Hello Jake,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You had already asked the very same question => here <= so you could have avoided the double post.

This post was maked as solved already.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.