Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Polycom VVX 600: Software version 5.6.0.17325

BToE software version 3.5.0.0

The is one of the most persistent problems I have encountered in a long time.  I have successfully paired the phone with my computer in the past, but upgrades to the phone's software and/or BToE have broken the pairing.  I've, one-way-or-another, corrected the pairing on past occasions, but it recurs, and it's back again.

I found one successful solution a while back and repeated the steps today, but it no longer works with the updated software. Unfortunately for me, I don't recall the prior version of the phone software that was successfully pairing.  None of the other solutions I've found online correct the issue.

The previous solution was to switch from Auto to Manual pairing, restarted both the pc and the phone, then switch back to Auto pairing, but this no longer works. The phone and computer have matching pairing codes, but they will not pair.

Does anyone know how to correct this on a permanent basis?  There are a lot of posts on the Internet related to this problem.  It is very time consuming to try different software updates with the phone and fiddle with configuration adjustments.  A lasting solution would be greatly appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello CMM,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The only way we, Polycom support, can fix this issue is via raising an official ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.  The equipment was purchased through an Amazon retailer who states that they do not provide support for the equipment.

My phone's serial number is:  0004F2D2E9A4

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hello CMM,

we sold this VVX600 unit via WESTCON GROUP EUROPEAN OPERATIONS LTD 15/12/2015 so it is out of warranty.

Please be aware that your VVX is not a LYNC or Skype for Business SKU and therefore requires you to purchase an individual License as outlined => here <=

This is required for all phones that do not use the -018 or -019 SKU and please ensure you have the relevant licenses covering your installation.

Please ignore the above if you have proof of purchase for the phone(s) in use for the individual licenses.

You can always open a Pay Per Incident Ticket via Westcon so they can open a support ticket for you with Polycom Support.

Please ensure you have the relevant Licenses ready covering your whole installation when opening the ticket as we may audit this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

If BToE was pairing correctly with Skype for Business, then stopped pairing correctly following an update of the software, there seems to be a problem with the software. Why would a customer have to pay for support when the problem appears to be the result of Polycom's software?

Also, why is Polycom so resistant to providing customer support?  This is supposed to be a Support Community where all Polycom users can search for solutions to technical problems.  

HP Recommended

Hello CMM,

as already outlined you are using a hardware that is not licensed to use Skype for Business in the first place. Unless you can of course prove that you have purchased the relevant licenses needed to legally utilize the Phone(s) with Skype for Business.

Secondly you claim it only happens since a software update so please feel free to downgrade to a software version where it used to work.

You and others can post anything you want here but if you need Polycom to fix the issue you need to escalate this into Polycom support as already outlined and in length explained:

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

We provide the software for free for everyone to download with the right license in place but if we need to fix an individuals issue then it needs to come via support as explained above.

Unfortunately your units are out of warranty so therefore it is no longer free.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Why do you say the hardware is not licensed to use Skype for Business?  Of course my firm has fully licensed Skype for Business.  Why would you draw such a conclusion?

I don't recall what the previous software version was because I didn't anticipate having to downgrade to it.  There are a multitude of software versions to choose from. 

How do I escalate this to Polycom Support?  You told me to contact the reseller for support, not Polycom.

HP Recommended

Out of 11 phones in our office, all but 1 are using software version number 5.5.1.11526.  This software version is no longer available for updating my phone.

HP Recommended

Hello CMM,

This is my last attempt to explain this to you.

The Phone with the MAC address you posted is not a Skype for Business or LYNC SKU which means that it is not licensed to be utilized with Skype for Business or LYNC.

You must purchase a separate License per phone(s) in order to legally use our Phones with the server that you are utilizing. This is all explained => here <= and Polycom does monitor this.

If you can prove that you have the additional required Polyom license for all phones that are used in your organisation, as explained in above linked post already, feel free to open a PPI / Pay Per Incident ticket to get your issue logged and if possible addressed.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

We had this issue and we found that we had to disable IPv6 on the NIC card and re-pair.  Fortunately, BToE version 3.6.0 resolved this and IPv6 can be enabled on the NIC and the phones now pair.  Just sharing our findings...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.