Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear Community,

we mentioned a problem with the VVX600 and the BToE client for windows.

We connected the Telephone and the Computer with the PC-Port of the telephone and installed the BToE driver. But it wasn't possible to pair the telephone and the computer.

So I tried the basic things like local firewall and to check the physical connection. The firewall is enabled but the rule for polycom BToE is set. The physical connection is also given. So I had a look at the logfile of the telephone. There I fount the following entry:

|4|00|PC port status is Down. Can not start BToE manager

But the PC port can't be down because the PC has a network connection.

We are using a Dell Latitude e7240 with Windows 7 and BToE connector 3.0.0. As client for Lync we are using the Skype for Business 2015 client. The VVX600 has the software version 5.3.0.12074.

We have another VVX600 which works fine but with the Lync 2013 client installed. Could this the problem?

KR

Jonas

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Jonas,

Check the phones BToE status page, Settings\Features\BTOE, make sure it says enabled.  It should also say "Trying to Pair with PC."  You should get the "Trying to Pair with PC" as long as there is a connection on the PC port.  If not and you are getting connection through the phone, try a factory reset.

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-How-can-I-reset-Factory-default-my-Phones-configuration/td-...

I would suggesst installing BToE 3.2 and UCS 5.3.1 or 5.4.0A on the phone, there have been a good number of bug fixes.

HP Recommended

Hi,

sorry for my late reply but I can't test until yesterday and thanks for your answer.

The results are:

I'd try to install the BToE Connector 3.2 but it still doesn't work. The firmware is 5.3.0.12074  I'll try to update it today or tomorrow.

The factory reset dosn't change anything. The BToE Status is "unpaired" and it's enabled.

Yesterda we tried to connect an older notebook with simliar specifications with a VVX500 and we had the same error. When I connect an other notbook it does work. Could this a problem with the network card?

KR

Jonas

HP Recommended

Hello Jonas_MIS,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Skype for Business is only supported running UC Software 5.4.0A (5.4.0.10182)

Stating the above we had incidents in the past where certain Network Cards would not work and we did require to get some hardware back to Polycom to diagnose this.

Please upgrade your Phone to a currently supported version and if this still fails work with your Polycom reseller to bring this to the attention of Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

Today I tested again with UC Software 5.4.0A and BToE Connector 3.2.

We have still the same issue.

So I'm pretty shure that this is a problem with the network card of the notebook.

As I understood you, I have to contact the reseller. So it might be the best way to contact him.

Thanks for your efforts.

KR

Jonas

HP Recommended

Hello Jonas_MIS,

if you provide me with the MAC address I can look this up.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'd send you PM with the MAC of the Telephone.

KR

Jonas

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.