Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

All,

Does anyone know if the Polycom HD Voice icon should display while in a call when the VVX 600 is registered to Lync? I'm referring to the attached image from page 37 of the December 2015 5.4.1 User Guide. The VVX is running 5.4.2. I gather this depends on using a wideband codec, but haven't been able to tell if this is a SIP softswitch only type of thing, or not. If it should work, is there any configuration required between the phone and the Lync server?

Thanks for the consideration.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

This seems like it should be easy for someone in Polycom to answer.

Any help on this?

HP Recommended

Hello AcousTech,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

If you are having urgent support related issues your Polycom reseller is your Tier 1 contact and can escalate into Polycom for further support.

In regards of your question a normal LYNC call between 2 VVX's:

Codec's

As you can see we display the HD Icon.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen.

I see the icon you mean. It doesn't exactly match the one in the user's guide(missing the little "1"), but it does show where it dipslays on the call screen. For some reason I was expecting to see it in the bar on the top. Nevertheless, the question that raises a related question: My codec selecctions are configured exactly the same as in your screenshot. However, my phone must be negotiating the use of some non-wideband codec, because I don't see the HD icon on my calls. So, is there a means to determine what codec is actually in use _during_ a call? On our Avaya phones there is a call stat screen that can show per-call specific performance information. I have to think these Polycom units do it, too, and I just haven't found the right screen yet. Barring that, is there a means to pull that information from the logs? If so, what are the particular lines to look for?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello AcousTech,

Our GUI evolves over time and may change but this is the Icon on a HD Call using LYNC.

Returning to the Line view:

The Lock indicates it is an encrypted call.

To check the codec during a call:

• Menu => Settings => Status => Diagnostics => Media Statistic

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Stefan,

That's an interesting topic. We are running 5.4.2 (not the D version) with Skype for Business and i check the status screen and we are using the wideband codec G7221C during the call, but no HD icon.

Is there anything special to configure to have it displayed ?

Thanks

Stephen

HP Recommended

Hello Stephen,

This was a test using 5.4.2.2834_RevD so I cannot comment on your "non" D Version but it may be a bandwidth restriction on your LYNC server end.

We are moving into support territory here so please follow this up the official path.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

It's not an issue for me, so i'm not gonna open a ticket for it. I was just curious.

BTW, we are not applying any restriction in SFB and the phones are just back to back so it's not the problem.

But again, not a big deal.

HP Recommended

Steffen,

This:

"Our GUI evolves over time and may change but this is the Icon on a HD Call using LYNC."

Is kind of the problem. What I'd like to know is what it _should_ look like on any given release. I understand the GUI can change over time, but shouldn't the documentation be updated as that change takes place to address questions like this?

HP Recommended

Hello AcousTech,

If the lack of the HD icon or the Issue with the guide you have found is such a major issue for yourself I can only advise you to follow this FAQ post here:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

In addition you may want to raise a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

In case this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.