Occasional Visitor

Host requires authentication

[ Edited ]

Connecting to SIP, but not to Exchange.

We have verified the credentials are correct. 

Polycom 8800

UC Software Version   5.4.5.9111

0713171534|cfg  |4|00|RT|SIP is setting Login Credentials to valid
0713171534|cfg  |5|00|Prm|Parameter device.lync.timeZone requested type 7 (Bool) but is of type 1 (UIntNull)
0713171534|cfg  |5|00|Prm|Parameter device.lync.timeZone requested type 7 (Bool) but is of type 1 (UIntNull)
0713171534|dns  |5|00|Not adding DNS Querie name:McDonnellLyncPool.fbmisdom.fbanks.com sDomain:fbmisdom.fbanks.com
0713171534|dns  |5|00|Not adding DNS Querie name:mcdonnelllyncpool.fbmisdom.fbanks.com sDomain:fbmisdom.fbanks.com
0713171534|so   |*|00|Using TCP IP Media Port, configured initial RTP port 50020
0713171534|so   |*|00|Using TCP IP Video Port, configured initial RTP port 58000
0713171534|dns  |5|00|Not adding DNS Querie name:mcdonnelllyncpool.fbmisdom.fbanks.com sDomain:fbmisdom.fbanks.com
0713171534|cfg  |4|00|Prov|Could not download file 0004f2fdc49c-web.cfg
0713171534|cfg  |4|00|Prov|Uploading phoneWeb.cfg failed
0713171534|cfg  |4|00|Prov|Update configuration failed
0713171534|dns  |5|00|Not adding DNS Querie name:McDonnellLyncPool.fbmisdom.fbanks.com sDomain:fbmisdom.fbanks.com
0713171535|pgui |4|00|CSoapTransaction error = Host requires authentication (204)
0713171535|pgui |4|00|'contacts' service authentication failed.
0713171535|pgui |4|00|New credentials needed for accessing Exchange Web Services, deactivating to wait for new credentials
0713171535|pgui |4|00|CSoapTransaction error = Operation canceled (5)
0713171535|pgui |4|00|'contacts' Service CSoapTransaction network error = Operation canceled (5) while requesting URL 'https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx'
0713171535|pgui |4|00|CSoapTransaction::onFinished() called for old reply
0713171535|app1 |4|00|EC has failed to authenticate with server
0713171535|pgui |4|00|New credentials needed for accessing Exchange Web Services, deactivating to wait for new credentials
0713171535|app1 |4|00|EC has failed to authenticate with server
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Host requires authentication

Hello drrandolph,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

First you are not using the latest software version, UC Software 5.4.5.9188_RevAC is the latest.

The 2nd question is this Skype for Business or a SIP Installation?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Occasional Visitor

We have on-prem Skype 2013 and O365 Exchange

Hello drrandolph,

The community's Skype for Business FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 17, 2017 Question:How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, LYNC or Office365 issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

I suggest you follow the Exchange troubleshooting instructions and if this fails please contact SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS for Level 1 support. They can also open a service ticket with Polycom.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Occasional Visitor

I updated to 9188 with the same result.

SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Jan 17, 2017 Question:How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, LYNC or Office365 issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

Please be aware: