Occasional Advisor

Re: How to setup/configure real presence trio 8800 with visual + for use with skype for business

Another question please - do i need a licence to use this for skype for business ?

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: How to setup/configure real presence trio 8800 with visual + for use with skype for business

Hi Richard,

We ran into a similar issue where our DHCP server was dropping these devices on to our voice VLAN.  The start of the MAC is similar to other polycom phones so if you have rules set up (option 43) they may be put on to a voice VLAN.

Try this on the touch screen:

Disable the Trio from auto-discovering voice VLAN.

1. Settings > advanced > administration settings > network configuration > network interfaces > Ethernet menu > VLAN menu
    2. Set LLDP and CDP to OFF, and set VLAN discovery mode to “disabled”
    3. Hit the Home button and Save Config then allow phone to reboot

The same will need to be done for the Visual+ (must use HTTPS to access the web interface) under settings > Network > VLAN Settings.

Good luck!

-Scott

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Richard,

with the Trio you do not need this.

With the VVX's or SoundPoint/SoundStation if they are not a 018 or 019 part number and are used after 30 days with Skype for Business (VVX) or LYNC (VVX and SSIP or SPSIP) then you must purchase a Polycom per device license.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Scott, thats a great help i literally found those settings ten minutes before your post, i have sucessfully disabled those settings on both the phone and now the visual plus device. 

It seems that the time is wrong though by an hour. 

thanks again for your help

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello all,

I detailed these manual steps in this FAQ:

Jul 10, 2013 Question: How can I use VLAN's with Polycom phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Occasional Advisor

hello 

The time seems to be incorrect, its ahead by an hour, ive set the ntp in the dchp options but to no avail? any ideas how to resolve this?

Occasional Advisor

ignore last message, the daylight saving time settings were wrong, right lets see if i can log in!!!