Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Today, I initiated an upgrade to UCS 5.6.0.17325 on my (SfB) VVX 410 which was happily running UCS 5.5.1.15937.  I initiated this upgrade via the phone's web page (Utilities... Software Upgrade), using the Polycom Hosted Server.

I've upgraded the phone several times this way without any issue  I like to do these tests to see what's new before MSFT pushes the update to everyone at my company.  This time, I was not so fortunate.

The upgrade fails and in a contiuous loop.  I get a sequence of "Downloading new application" displays, reboots, and ultimately a message saying the phone can't find its specific CFG file ("Could not download 6416f9240ea.cfg using existing configuration), followed by "Error, appliation is not present!" -- And then the whole show repeats again.

Soooo... this has been going on for the past several hours.

I'd appreciate any guidance that might get this phone either upgraded to 5.6 or, heck, even returned to 5.5.1 at this point.

We are a fully cloud-based Skype for Business deployment... we do not have any infrastructure onsite or operate a local provisioning server.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Peter,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am unsure how your phone got into this state but you now need a local provisioning server. This is described in detail within the VoIP FAQ in my signature.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for your quick response.

I left the phone retrying and rebooting last night when I went home from work, after posting my question here in the forum. 

When I came in... the phone was running the new UCS version and everything seems to work fine.

So, I guess the problem fixed itself.  I have no idea how... but I'm glad.

Thanks again for your assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.