Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am new to this forum and we have just started POC testing for Polycom VVX phones as replacement to our SNOM phones. I would like to ask if somebody has the tool to push configuration directly from front end servers? Like in SNOM, they have the Lync Snom Configuration Manager.

Thanks.

millcadz

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello millcadz

welcome to the Polycom Community.

There is no such tool but Skype for Business and Office 365 can inbound provision a Polycom phone. Please provide more details on your infrastructure.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you Steff.

Apologies but I'm a beginner here. We are running Lync Server 2013. Our previous phones are SNOM and now we are slowly replacing it with Polycom since MS and SNOM splits up. SNOM provided the tool to create device policies, configurations which is integrated to Lync, like phone lock policy (user level). Like we set 30 minutes idle and phone will lock, and to unlock, the user must use their PIN set from the Lync server.

Now I'm looking for a similar which tool or maybe there's another way to do this with Polycom?

Thanks again Steff.

HP Recommended

Hello millcadz

we already inbound provision these lock features since UC Software 5.5.1 so simply setting the value on the LYNC server end will cause the phones to load this.

This completely depends what is set on the DisableHandsetOnLockedMachine parameter on the LYNC end

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steff,

Thank you. I would appreciate if you can give me the link on how to?

Because I don't think we can enforce phone lock policy on the USER Level from Lync. Only Global. And we don't need to configure phone lock policy in all our phones, only selected groups those with IDD/NDD acccess.

Thanks again,

millcadz

HP Recommended

Hello millcadz

I am unsure if you can set an individual Set-CsClientPolicy for anything else than Global.

If you just use VVX phones you can actually individually disable this per phone via a configuration parameter.

I would suggest you try and work with a Polycom SE on your project.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steff,

Okay thank you very much. I will try to contact our vendor. Would be tedious to do this individually.

Best regards,

Millcadz

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.