cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polycom Trio 8800 Visual+ Power

SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

Polycom Trio 8800 Visual+ Power

I am trying to connect my Trio Visual box to my 8800 phone, and going by the diagram, it shows that I can use the LAN out on the phone to power the Visual box, however that does not work.  Does the 8800 need to be set to pass PoE on the output?  I really don't want to have to use another network port for my visual box.

I did hook up the Visual box to another PoE network jack, and the phone did find it and pair to it, but I really don't want to go that route as my permanant install.  I would like to just use the Eth output jack on the phone, like the instructions depict.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom Trio 8800 Visual+ Power

Hello cbudrecki,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Trio does require a PoE+ port in order to power the Visual+

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Visitor

Perhaps you could come out of the Trio's ethernet port and put a POE injector inline to power the Visual+ box. 

Message 3 of 4
Occasional Visitor

Then perhaps Polycom should review the documents included with the equipment.  It clearly shows coming from a PoE+ wall jack, to the phone, from the phone, to the Visual +, with no other PoE needed.  This is clearly not the case.

Message 4 of 4