Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, 

We are getting a number of reports of people not being able to bring the dialpad/keypad up when they are on a call.

For example if they are dialing into a 3rd party conferencing solution and they are prompted to enter a PIN. They hit the dialpad button but it doesn't do anything. We have had this on a number of devices. A hard reboot usually fixes it. 

Does anyone have some ideas on it?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello Junming,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Did my reply => here <= help you and if yes can you mark it as such ?

For you new post it is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We are having the same issue on the Polycom Trio.

Can't figure out how to find the keypad

HP Recommended

Hello tim.nelson@ca.abb.com,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The very same question to you as it is always useful to include the currently used SIP or UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also include if you are using a SIP server or a LYNC / Skype for Business server.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

Stating the above once a call is connected you see this:

Pressing Dialpad:

Any other issues please open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Is there an update to why this doesn't work?  I've engaged my reseller but its been 3 weeks since the original post.

HP Recommended

Hello Chris Gilmer,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

Secondly do you have a Polycom refernce starting with 1-?

And at last can you try to Import the attached (unzip first) and power cycle the Trio and then revert back to your original NTP setting?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

yes I'll give that a try tomorrow... you are basically asking me to change the NTP setting, save and power cycle then change it back, save and power cycle?

Update:

Just to be clear if using the GUI you are asking me to clear the information from the attached image by uploading the file you attached.

HP Recommended

Hello Chris Gilmer,

Yes I am asking you to import the attached and therefore clearing the pre-set value, reboot the unit and then re-set the value.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I was able to make the change from the GUI without having to upload the file to the phone.  Once I blanked out the time.windows.com in the GUI fields I attached, rebooted, and then put back the time.windows.com and rebooted my user reported it worked again.

HP Recommended

Hello Chris Gilmer,

we are shortly releasing UC Software 5.4.4.7776 which addresses this issue.

Please check the Support Page on Monday or so.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.