Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
On a Polycom VVX 310, if I run firmware 5.2.3.0192, I can click the button next the to name of the "boss" who has delegated access to me, and I have softkeys for dial or "on behalf of".  I can then make calls on behalf of my boss, they appear as if coming from his number.  This is perfect.

If I upgrade to 5.3.0.12074 or 5.4.3.1014, when I click this button it just trys to dial the "boss", there is no "on behalf of" option.  I can no longer make calls on behalf of the boss as shown on page 79 here:

I can reproduce by upgrading and downgrading the firmware.  What happened to the "on behalf of" option?  It seems to still be in the docs (but they show VVX500 pics).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello AnthonyCaragol,

the shown option always only appears on a long press of the Key or Touch Screen.

Anything else requires following up via your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello AnthonyCaragol,

Please go ahead and escalate this via your Polycom reseller.

If the reseller is some internet discounter and is unable or unwilling to do this please provide me with a MAC address of one of the phones and I look this up.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello AnthonyCaragol,

I ran a quick test with 5.4.3.1014 and used a VVX310 and cannot confirm this:

As stated already this must be something on your end and you need to contact your Polycom reseller for support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

That's good to see and is very helpful.  This means it's not a bug, it's my configuration.  I tried this with the same firmware on the same phone.  When someone adds me as a delegate, I can only make calls on their behalf by starting a new call, then clicking Contacts->Groups->People I Manage Calls For->Info->On Behalf

I get the popup "XXXXXX added you as a delegate" and the name pops up as the second name on my screen.  But clicking it just dials them instantly with no options.

I replicated it in a few environments, but I'm going to try to go back down to factory defaults, set the base profile only, and see if there's any difference.

HP Recommended

Hello AnthonyCaragol,

the shown option always only appears on a long press of the Key or Touch Screen.

Anything else requires following up via your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

It was a long press.  It works just fine.  The documentation I was reading didn't specify this so I never tried it.  

Followup, is there anyway to make it work the same for a tap or short press?  That's not as crticial.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.