Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polycom VVX, Exchange Online and HTTP proxy

SOLVED
Occasional Advisor

Polycom VVX, Exchange Online and HTTP proxy

Hi,

we have Lync 2013, Exchange 2010 and Polycom VVX phones (5.5.1 version). We use squid proxy to navigate.

Now we're migrating exchange users to Exchange Online and we want to continue use VVX phone for Voice Mail feature.

Is VVX supported for this environment? (Lync OnPremise, Exchange Online and HTTP Proxy)

It looks like VVX doesn't use the http proxy, we use wpad and I've tried to use 252 option in DHCP but it doesn't work.

After the user is been migrated, the VVX phone says "Exchange Server is not available"

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom VVX, Exchange Online and HTTP proxy

Hello Enrico,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The VVX does not support a proxy or a WPAD at present.

I am unable to talk about future versions so please speak to your Polycom reseller to be brought in touch with a Polycom sales engineer.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: Polycom VVX, Exchange Online and HTTP proxy

Hi Steffen,

thanks for your answer.

I'm trying at least to see if VVX tries to connect to external autodiscover but I can't see any info in the log file?

Which module is in charge of this? Should I set the log to debug level?

I've tried with "Exchange client" and "Application" but I can't anything about Exchange Server.

Thanks,

Message 3 of 3