Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

We have put a Realpresence Trio 8800 (running software version 5.4.2.5400) into one of our meeting rooms, and we are finding quite a bit of latency when content sharing across both Skype for Business and if a computer is connected to the Trio base unit via USB and displaying using the People+Content IP application.

Across SfB we are finding approximately 2 seconds of delay from a keystroke (for example) on the laptop, to it being displayed on the screen (via RealPresence Trio Visual+).

Using the USB connection to the Trio base unit, we are finding there is approximately 1 second of delay.

I understand that there is a certain amount of latency that could be put down to data transmission across a network, but is there anything that can be advised or suggested to improve the performance of the content sharing?

Additionally,  I have connected a Macbook Pro (running OS X El Capitan) and using USB/People+Content IP, with this is found that the resolution displayed through Visual+ dropped to something that was entirely unreadable (just a 50 inch blur) - but the actual responsiveness was good.

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Daniel,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Have you upgraded your Trio as of yet to the latest 5.4.3 Software ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I am not sure if there was any resolution as regards this issue. I am running into the same problem. I have RealPrresence Trio 8800 paired to a Visual+. When presenting desktops or applications to the Trio there is about 2 seconds lag between the PC and the Trio.

I have upgraded the Trio to the latest software version 5.4.4.7776 but the problem still persists. I have not tried testing with a USB connection between the PC and trio to see if that helps. Would i just be needing a USB to USB cable to connect to the Trio?

Will appreciate any suggestions or help on this issue.

HP Recommended

Hello Kola,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The latest version as of today is 5.4.5.9111 and we only advertise 5 FPS so I assume this is WAD / Working as designed

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. I will see if uphgrading to the latest firmware helps but i just need clarification on the statement that the devices can only do 5fps as advertised. Can you provide a link to the specifications for the Trio or Visual+ devices that state this?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello Kola,

The Skype for Business FAQ contains:

Feb 16, 2016 Question:What type of content sharing experience should I expect of the RealPresence Visual+?

Resolution:

The performance of the RealPresence Trio content sharing over Microsoft Lync or Skype for Business is designed for static and semi-static content such as PowerPoint, Excel documents, standard PDF, etc. The content is limited to a maximum of 5 frames per second (fps). A low framerate will cause content sharing of full motion video, quick screen refresh, fast scrolling and quick mouse movement to appear choppy and slow. Content sharing performance of the RealPresence Trio is on par with that of the receiving Microsoft Lync or Skype for Business desktop client.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.