Occasional Visitor

Skype for Business authentication drops

I have a user who gets logged out occasionally from her phone, sometimes logging back in will time out. Swapping phones/changing her password/checking switch logs for network disruptions yielded no results, looking at her logs I see a lot of:

Caller Service(-1):IndicationCode(400)Failed to Get oAuth Token

I've attached the logs I pulled from this morning, any insight would be greatly appreaciated. The phone is a VVX500.

Thank you

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Skype for Business authentication drops

Hello roberty,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also provide Version details and if this is on premise of off premise

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please be aware that the VVX500 you are using, aka 0004F28AE870, is not a LYNC or Skype for Business SKU and therefore requires you to purchase an individual License as outlined => here <=

This is required for all phones that do not use the -018 or -019 SKU and please ensure you have the relevant licenses covering your installation.

Please ignore the above if you have proof of purchase for the phone(s) in use for the individual licenses.

We had a very similar case => here <= so please use the suggested FAQ within this post and if this is not successful to pin point the issue you can always open a PPI / Pay Per Incident ticket via SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS who sold this phone back in 18/06/2014 is the unit is out of warranty.

Please ensure, when you do this, to have the relevant licenses in place or we refuse support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Occasional Visitor

UC version: 5.5.1.11526

And I suppose this is considered on premise, as this is at my company.

As for the licenses, we bought the phones from a 3rd party vendor and purchased Skype for business licenses for each, I don't know if thats enough, I'm not the purchaser just the tech.

[ Edited ]

Hello roberty,

as mentioned please follow the FAQ post so you can provide the recommended level of logs so we can have a look at it and have proof of purchase ready for the licenses when opening a PPI ticket via the reseller if we are unable to help.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Regular Visitor

Hi roberty,

Wanted to check and see if you had any resolution to this issue.  We just experienced this same issue with a pair of VVX411 phones connected to Skype Cloud PBX.  Both phones are running 5.5.2.8571.  I've attached the logs during the error, all logs at default levels.

We're in the process of opening a ticket with our partner but figured it's worth seeing if there's a known fix.

Kyle

Hello Kyle Williams,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The community's Skype for Business FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 17, 2017 Question:How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, LYNC or Office365 issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

I can see SSL errors but with default logging we won't get any more details.

Please follow the above FAQ and come back but be prepared that you may need to open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware: