Occasional Visitor

Upgrade CX700 - Lync 2013 (On Premise)

We’ve ordered few telephone set (Polycom CX700) whose are come with very old firmware. We are now going to upgrade them to latest firmware. But it requires KB972640 in the upgrading process which is now can not be downloaded from Microsoft anymore. Do you have that executable on hand or in your archive library?
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Upgrade CX700 - Lync 2013 (On Premise)

Hello al_ccc,

Polycom and other manufacturers produce these optimized for Microsoft® Lync® or Skype® for Business devices after a reference design and the embedded OS running on the phones is provided, supported and maintained by our partner Microsoft®.

You therefore may want to reach out to the Microsoft® community and / or Microsoft® support directly instead as this is the most direct and efficient path.

Polycom is unable to add any new features into the functionality of these CX Devices and does not hold any kind of firmware for these devices.

Please try here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.