Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We've been using 5.4.0 Rev A with a Lync profile and recently started updating the VVX phones (410 and 600) to 5.5.1.

We have an issue on the VVX 600 with the expansion modules. We previously used lineKey.reassignment.enabled as outlined => here <=

Since this now seems to be deprecated we wanted to use feature.flexibleLineKey.enable as outlined => here <= 

The previous config, which doesn't seem to work now (the expansion module is blank):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<ExpansionModule 
lineKey.reassignment.enabled="1" 
lineKey.1.category="Line" 
lineKey.1.index="1" 
lineKey.2.category="unassigned" 
lineKey.3.category="unassigned" 
lineKey.4.category="unassigned" 
lineKey.5.category="unassigned" 
lineKey.6.category="unassigned" 
lineKey.7.category="unassigned" 
lineKey.8.category="unassigned" 
lineKey.9.category="Presence" 
lineKey.10.category="Presence" 
lineKey.11.category="Presence" 
lineKey.12.category="Presence" 
lineKey.13.category="Presence" 
lineKey.14.category="Presence" 
lineKey.15.category="Presence" 
lineKey.16.category="Presence" 
lineKey.17.category="Presence" 
lineKey.18.category="Presence" 
lineKey.19.category="Presence" 
lineKey.20.category="Presence" 
lineKey.21.category="Presence" 
lineKey.22.category="Presence" 
lineKey.23.category="Presence" 
/>

The new config (the GUI is available and the contacts start appearing on the expansion module, but not automatically):

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Enhanced Flexible Line UC Software 5.4.1 or and LYNC Base profile only  -->
<!-- feature.flexibleLineKey.enable="1" enables the feature -->
<!-- regOnPhone="1" If 1, contacts users assign to a line key are pushed to the attached expansion module -->
<line feature.flexibleLineKey.enable="1" regOnPhone="1"/>

The problem with the new configuration is that while we do get a GUI for adding, removing contacts it's a lot of work, we'd also like to automatically populate all the Favorites the user has to the Expansion Module, without them manually doing this (as was the case with the previous config). This was previously possible.

How would such a config look like on the 5.5.1? We're seriously considering rolling back just because of this limitation. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Miha,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This is working as designed for the new functionality and any change requires a feature request.

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please contact me via community mail and provide me with your details, your company information etc. so I can get you in touch with our product management team. Also provide me at least with one of the MAC addresses of a phone. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

thank you for your quick reply.

I don't quite understand how going from a very simple use scenario, that is adding users as favorites and they automatically appear on the Expansion Module, to having to manually add them is progress? I must be missing something.

Our scenario is very simple, the user adds their prefered contacts to Favorites and they must appear on the Expansion Module only. Right now the first few appear on the VVX 600 and the rest on the Expansion Module. Can this be achivied (it previously was) and how with 5.5.1?

I'd gladly provide additional information as you stated, but please provide (perhaps through PM) the community mail, so I know where to address this.

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Hello Miha,

the new mode only work in LYNC / Skype for Business Profile and allows you manually via the Menu to assign each of your favorite contacts to the desired key.

This is something that should not be done to often in a normal use case.

Please click on the envelope

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

One more question, the user has 70 contacts, one of them leaves and is disabled in S4B. Will it automatically be removed? What if the contact is removed and it was in the middle of the list, will that line key be empty?

Previously the contacts were arranged alphabetically, does that function still exist?

HP Recommended

Hello Miha,

no.

• If a contact leaves this will still stay on the phone as we have a "hard" record of this to subscribe to
  • the key will be left with what is programmed in them
  • No you cannot alphabetically sort the contacts

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

thank you very much for your assistance. Although the software doesn't function as we hoped for, I now at least know how it works.

HP Recommended

Hello Miha,

Please be aware of this:

In addition a Parameter can be utilized that pushes all configured keys to the Expansion Module (UC Software 5.4.x😞

<line regOnPhone="1"/>
  • If 1, contacts users assign to a line key are pushed to the attached expansion module.
  • If 0, contacts return to the position the user assigned on the phone line keys

From UC Software 5.5.x onwards:

<line up.regOnPhone="1"/>

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.