Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

VVX 600 5.1.1, BToE 2.1 and Lync 2013

I'm using Lync Device Upgrade service to push UCS 5.1.1 to my VVX 600 phones from 5.0. Out of the box the VVX 600 phones are running UCS 4.x which are upgraded with a TFTP server to 5.0.  When my VVX 600 phones (5.0) are upgraded to 5.1.1 via Lync, the VVX 600 phone detects a different version on the TFTP server and downgrades to 5.0.  Is there a configuration setting to disabled VVX from downgrading itself?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Pretty sure if you remove the sip.ld from the provisioning server altogether, the phones will still boot.  Then you can do selective firmware push to phones without them trying to downgrade when they see that the sip.ld on the TFTP server is "different" from what they are running.  I know of no other alternative.

-- Nathan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Why not just replace the 5.0 software on the TFTP server with 5.1.1?

-- Nathan

HP Recommended

I'm currently testing UCS 5.1.1 with IT users only so I'm not ready to do a firm wide push yet.  Using Lync Device upgrade service allows me to push the update to individual phones. 

HP Recommended

Pretty sure if you remove the sip.ld from the provisioning server altogether, the phones will still boot.  Then you can do selective firmware push to phones without them trying to downgrade when they see that the sip.ld on the TFTP server is "different" from what they are running.  I know of no other alternative.

-- Nathan

HP Recommended

Hi Nathan,

That's what I had to do.  Remove sip.ld from the master configuration file. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hate to bring this up again, but I get the same thing.

Example, VVX 601, 5.6.0 version just came down.  I put the sip.ver and latest .ld firmware/app files in the FTP server directory.

Also, update all the root files, including the UCS.xml file with the proper version in the line and makes sure it matches.

Phone keeps looking and finding the previous firmware version, and downgrades itself.  The files doesn't exist on my provisioning server or config files.  I must be pulling it from somewhere. and downgrading.

I want to be able to drop new .ld firmware and basic sip.ver files into the FTP when an update comes out to auto update the phones.  But this downgrade thing after the update is driving me insane.

What am I missing?

HP Recommended

This has now be moved to the Skype for Business section and is already answered in the Skype FAQ and in addition can be found via the community search.

Feb 02, 2016 Question:How can I prevent a Polycom VVX Business Media Phone to be downgraded / upgraded automatically via Skype for Business and/or Office365?

Resolution:Download, unpack and import the attached lyncDeviceUpdateEnabledOFF.zip

<CLOSED>

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.