Frequent Advisor
Accepted Solution

VVX 600 - prevent downgrade

[ Edited ]

VVX 600 5.1.1, BToE 2.1 and Lync 2013

I'm using Lync Device Upgrade service to push UCS 5.1.1 to my VVX 600 phones from 5.0. Out of the box the VVX 600 phones are running UCS 4.x which are upgraded with a TFTP server to 5.0.  When my VVX 600 phones (5.0) are upgraded to 5.1.1 via Lync, the VVX 600 phone detects a different version on the TFTP server and downgrades to 5.0.  Is there a configuration setting to disabled VVX from downgrading itself?  Thanks

Valued Contributor

Re: VVX 600 - prevent downgrade

Why not just replace the 5.0 software on the TFTP server with 5.1.1?

-- Nathan

Frequent Advisor

I'm currently testing UCS 5.1.1 with IT users only so I'm not ready to do a firm wide push yet.  Using Lync Device upgrade service allows me to push the update to individual phones. 

Valued Contributor

Pretty sure if you remove the sip.ld from the provisioning server altogether, the phones will still boot.  Then you can do selective firmware push to phones without them trying to downgrade when they see that the sip.ld on the TFTP server is "different" from what they are running.  I know of no other alternative.

-- Nathan

Frequent Advisor

Hi Nathan,

That's what I had to do.  Remove sip.ld from the master configuration file. Thanks.

Advisor

Hate to bring this up again, but I get the same thing.

Example, VVX 601, 5.6.0 version just came down.  I put the sip.ver and latest .ld firmware/app files in the FTP server directory.

Also, update all the root files, including the UCS.xml file with the proper version in the line and makes sure it matches.

Phone keeps looking and finding the previous firmware version, and downgrades itself.  The files doesn't exist on my provisioning server or config files.  I must be pulling it from somewhere. and downgrading.

I want to be able to drop new .ld firmware and basic sip.ver files into the FTP when an update comes out to auto update the phones.  But this downgrade thing after the update is driving me insane.

What am I missing?

Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[ Edited ]

This has now be moved to the Skype for Business section and is already answered in the Skype FAQ and in addition can be found via the community search.

Feb 02, 2016 Question:How can I prevent a Polycom VVX Business Media Phone to be downgraded / upgraded automatically via Skype for Business and/or Office365?

Resolution:Download, unpack and import the attached lyncDeviceUpdateEnabledOFF.zip

<CLOSED>

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.