Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

VVX 601 5.6.0 firmware.

Started getting this mystery pink circle to the bottom left of my status icon.  Can't find in the docs what this means, or if a bug/flaw in the phone.

See attached pic.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi techlogik,

Please check also your Skype for Business client for the "pink circle". Even with OOF disabled you may still have appointments with this OOF status set as described here

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

This is the Out of Office indicator.  Is your Out of Office set in Outlook?

HP Recommended

Nope, OOO not set.

HP Recommended

I just did a factory reset on the phone and it went away...for now.  It has come back again after awhile.

OOO is definitely off.

HP Recommended

Great!  I was going to suggest that or just log off the phone and log back on...  Glad that it went away.

HP Recommended

Hi techlogik,

Please check also your Skype for Business client for the "pink circle". Even with OOF disabled you may still have appointments with this OOF status set as described here

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

HP Recommended

I think you are correct.  It isn't the OOO, it is an appt Pink status next to the bottom left of the phone icon.

Will do more testing and confirm, but this is probably what it means.

I guess the problem is at this point, even when I have no appointments and Skype isn't showing it, the phone is still showing the appt.

Right now, no Pink dot on the Skype Client.  On the phone, Pink dot still there.

Thanks

HP Recommended

The issue is, even when I don't have an appointment on the calendar, and the OOO is not set, the Purple dot on the bottom left in the picture never goes away.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi techlogik,

Please work with your resseler/distributor to report this issue. If you have any question please check first here

Thank you,

Leonardo

HP Recommended

Thanks.  Seems like a factor reset makes it go away for awhile.

See how it goes from here with my vendor.

Thx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.