Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm guessing according to http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/VVX-500-Stop-My-Status-Flashing/td-p/54398 and http://community.polycom.com/t5/Skype-for-Business/VVX-Status-Information-Question/m-p/92249#M3759 that nothing has been really done about the amount of information that is being displayed in the status bar.

I do see that there is a config to disable the missed call notifications, and a config to control how fast the scrolling, but nothing in terms of disabling the status bar complelty (outside of time/date), or other inidivudual notification.

Am I missing similiar configs to turn off the forwarding, team ring, etc notifications? BTOE chain icon would be nice to disable as well.

How does one go about inputting a feature request to allow more configuration options for the status bar?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello Corey,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

Mentioning BToE I assume you are using Skype or LYNC

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

To answer your question about a feature request:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Judging that only three separate people posted in two posts here and nobody to my knowledge actually followed this up the official path the interest itself is not that big.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen, thanks for the info. We are transitioning away from CX and testing VVX out now; namely the 400 and 500 series. We're running the newest UC 5.6 release. I've looked through the admin guide sporatically, but I did not see any mention of such configs. Unless you can think of something that may work, i'll go ahead and follow up with a feature request.

HP Recommended

SFB on Prem with VVX 411 w/UCS 5.8.1.  Any changes in this behavior?  The flashing date/btoe link is annoying but turning the date/time off isn't really an option either.  Would be great to have date/time on the top left and nothing on the right.  

HP Recommended

Hello @JSKY,

I am not aware anyone follow the advise given in this post. If we do not get this as a feature request then we are not looking into changing this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I've had nothing but complaints about this 'feature'.

Our extensions all have forwarding no answer to a hunt group and because of that the status bar keeps flashing between FWD: XXXX and date in the top-right corner.

Initially we turned off time and date and that worked as it was only displaying FWD information in that corner.

However after we upgraded to v5.9 it added another symbol that looks like 🚫 → (no access sign and arrow) which I suspect is the Forwarding Not Reachable

We're now terorised by the flashing status bar again 😱

HP Recommended

Hello @cipnt,

As already outlined in this post please raise this as a feature request.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I have raised a feature request with our support provider.

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I'm just coming across these notifications within the status bar and wish to be able to edit the config files in order to customise this statuses - ideally the BTOE.

Have you or anyone else been able to get an update on this?

HP Recommended

Hello @optics ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

As the user @JSKY never followed this up with information that could enable me to track this internally within Poly I can only assume that this was not implemented.

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change aka feature request to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.