Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Two of my users have random issues where their phones do not answer when picking up the handset. It seems to happen once, twice, a whole afternoon, then go away and come back again later, yet it happens at least once a day.

This is a on prem skype for business enviorment. I've switched out the phones from 410's to 411's with no luck. both people are having the problem when answering a team call. Clicking accept on the skype for business soft client, or clicking the button on the phone it self, the call then connects.

Current software on phone is

Current BTOE is

We do not have a polycom reseller as we had to fire our consultants that provided them. THough they are fairly new and should be under warranty.

Thanks!

Chris  

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello Chris L,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Simply post one or multiple MAC addresses so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

64167f01e34f

0004f27cde36

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello Chris,

The VVX411 and the VVX410 you are utilizing with LYNC / Skype for Business is not a -018 or -019 SKU and therefore you require to purchase a Polycom per device License as explained => here <=

Please be aware that all the phones you are utilizing have the relevant license and please provide proof of this when opening a ticket

Polycom reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

5150-49252-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE IND PHONE
5150-49253-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (5 UNITS)
5150-49254-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (10 UNITS)
5150-49255-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (100 UNITS)
5150-49256-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (1000 UNITS)
5150-49257-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (10000 UNITS)

If you already have valid licenses please disregard this message.

If you do not have I need to ask you to purchase these prior to opening a ticket as this will be checked.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Ouch... well thats lovely... not your fault of course, just yucky of the consultants.

I can only find one of those sku's (5150-49252-001) as something i can actually order and its from cdw, a single phone license. I am about to buy 15 of them but what do i do with them once they are purchased?

-Chris

HP Recommended

All Purchased.

Now what?

HP Recommended

Hello Chris,

Both units are out of warranty so please call Polycom support and open a PPI / Pay Per Incident ticket for this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Well that doesnt make sense, the 411's havent even been on sale for a year have they, and we only purchased them in November... how could they be out of warranty? the 410 i kinda dont care about as i only ordered it last june as a single item to test it over the original cx series phones we purchased, then waited for the 411's to go on sale, and i took it out of service for other failures and replaced it with the aformentioned 411, though both had the problem. we have 14 other 411's as well.

HP Recommended
Let me double check

Replied via a mobile device

HP Recommended

Hello ChrisL

You are correct the VVX411 with the MAC 64167f01e34f was sold via WESTCON GROUP EUROPEAN OPERATIONS LTD back in 30/08/2016. Please contact them as they are your Tier 1 contact and can open a Ticket with Polycom support about this.

Apologize for the misunderstanding. I mixed your post up with another one.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.