Occasional Advisor

e911 NorificationURI in VVX phones

So, we are starting to deploy some VVX phones and are realizing that they don't supply the NotificationURI XML in the SDP area of the SIP invite (this works just fine with LPE type phones). This is an issue as our E911 providers uses that field from the invite to then send emails notifcations out (LyncSkype processes the IMs directly so that still works fine). It is pretty critical for us to be able to get email notifications to our local security folks etc as they aren't always logged into Skype to ge the IMs as they neef to know when emergency units are on their way. Can this be fixed or is there a config setting we are missing for the VVX phones to use to get the full Skype Location Policy info? Let me know

Steve

P.S. - the 911 process itself works fine and the right location info gets to the PSAP but we need the added functionality

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: e911 NorificationURI in VVX phones

Hello StevenKingCO,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

The above is the minimum requirement for any new post. I suggest you get this into support so we can verify that we support this.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Occasional Advisor

this is with the most recent firware for Skype :

UC Software Version 5.5.1.15937

Hello StevenKingCO,

thanks for providing part of the questions asked. So what is the MAC of the unit so I can point you to the right reseller?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Occasional Advisor

we are working to contact our reseller also. I just thought you all would want to know about a bug\feature request for your firmware. Our reseller doesn't update the firmware for these phones, you guys do.
Steve

Highlighted

Hello StevenKingCO,

You call this a bug but you are the only person world wide that I am aware off that has this issue.

We are qualified against Microsofts 3PIP program and this has not been flagged up to us prior to qualifying.

Following the outlined escalation path will get this into Polycom.

Its all explained in detail here:

Apr 22, 2016 Question:Why am I being asked to to provide my products MAC address?

Resolution: Polycom only sells to qualified resellers and these may sell via dealers who may not be trained on these products. In order to identify the reseller the unit was sold via we need the MAC address to provide their details so they can open a support ticket as explained => here <= 

We cannot provide support via the community as we may need accounts etc.

If you are interested getting this addressed or a workaround please answer the questions asked.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

Occasional Advisor

then how about we call this a lack of a feature (or feature request) if bug doesn't work? ;-)

Can you show me a SIP invite from a VVX phone that incluses the NotificationURI XML field filled out in the SDP part of the invite? And if so, is there a way to turn it on through provisioning?

I see it on other phones we use in our environment, just not on the VVXs.

Occasional Advisor

sorry, forgot to include the MAC

Phone Model VVX 411 Part Number 3111-48450-001 Rev:A MAC Address 64:16:7F:08:B7:2D

Hello StevenKingCO,

again, we did qualify against Microsofts 3PIP, and this was not part of passing the test.

To my knowledge you are the only person using this kind of setup so if you require a Feature Request you need to follow this:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The VVX411 was sold via SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS back in 07/02/2017 so they can help you creating a business case for this feature.

What type of Gateway are you using ?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

Occasional Advisor

ok, I will raise a feature request with our reseller then. the only other phone supplier who doesn't support this is Snom and they haven't updated their firmware in years as they seem to be getting out of the Skype\Lyync world

Steve