Highlighted
Frequent Advisor
Accepted Solution

inbound calls from Skype (not for business) mobile client to VVX600 with Skype for Business (on Prem

Skype (not for business) mobile client calls to Skype for Business (on prem server) now work correctly when using the Skype for business PC client software.

when answered on a VVX600 (software version 5.5.1.15937) you cannot hear the person speaking on the Skype (not for business) mobile client

it seems to work fine when calling for a Skype (not for business) PC application.

can you please test at your end to see if you can replicate

many thanks

jack

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: inbound calls from Skype (not for business) mobile client to VVX600 with Skype for Business (on

[ Edited ]

Hello Jack,

welcome  back to the Polycom Community.

A couple of your old posts => here <= are still open / pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution".

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice was useful and has helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate ?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilize the community more efficiently. 

RecentlyAnswered.PNG

For your new question the Microsoft 3PIP qualification does not include Skype for Business calls from or to a Skype consumer client so therefore we did not qualify this.

I suggest you test this in the next UC Software 5.5.2 release which is due shortly and if this still fails work with your Polycom reseller. I suggest you mention VOIP-120096

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Frequent Advisor

Re: inbound calls from Skype (not for business) mobile client to VVX600 with Skype for Business (on

Steffen

thank-you - i will test 5.5.2 - but surely you will know if it will work - its not a hard scenario to test in your lab?

even if its not a qualification criteria it is functionality that S4B has and therefore should be included.

i will look at the outstanding posts as you requested

best Regards,

Jack

Frequent Advisor

Steffen,

i have tested firmware 5.5.2 on S5B 2015 latest CU and i am now successfully able to make / receive calls to both Syke (not for busoness) PC software and mobile client - and teh call functions as expected

many thanks

jack

Frequent Advisor

there is no ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button