Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi there, I am in the process of upgrading my cloud axis suite and have upgraded everything, the RMX, RSS, RPRM, RPAD, and my HDX's. I am however unable to get the newest upgrade file to upload on my DMA 7000. I get and error that states "unable to upload file" and that is it, no explanation on why it could not upload a .bin file that I downloaded from Polycom.

Has anyone ever seen this issue? and if so, what is a fix to get this upgraded?

Please help??

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Chris,

do you have a virtual or an appliance edition of DMA?

What software are you currently using on DMA?

What software version did you download from from Polycom?

I can suggest to you some things:

1) check your .bin file MD5 Checksum and compare with the checksum on the Polycom portal (or just try to download  the upgrade file again)

2) change a browser or a machine.

3) try to reboot DMA before upgrade.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello Bazzuck, here are the answers to your questions:

1. it is an applicance edition DMA

2. current version is: 6.0.2 P1 HF1 Build-18

3. At first I tried to go the latest release: 6.1.1, but it wouldn't download, then i thought I might need to do incremental updates, so I downloaded 6.0.4, but it still gives me the same error: unable to download file.

4. I downloaded the .bin file from the Polycom website, and yes I have downloaded it multiple times.

5. I have tried this with IE and with Chrome

6. I have rebooted that machine multiple times in hopes that it might reset something to no avail.

The reason for the post was to see if there was something I missed or if anyone else has encounterred this error.

HP Recommended

Hello Chris

I can only suggest you open a service request on the Polycom support portal,  I met the similar issue, but it was resolved after restart DMA.

Regards

HP Recommended

Just wanted to update this posting as Polycom still has not been able to determine my issue. I have tried numerous things to no avail. Below is what has been tested:

1. Originally I tried to upload the pre 6.1.1 to 6.1.1 upgrade file - no go

2. Tried to upload 6.0.6 upgrade file - no go

3. Tried to upload 6.0.4 upgrade file - no go

4. Tried to upload 6.0.3 upgrade file (provided by Polycom) - no go

(all of the above was attempted with IE over the internal network)

5. Was advised, by Polycom, that there was another company with the same issue, so I attempted what worked for them, which was to plug my laptop directly into the server and try to upload the file that way - no go - same error.

6. So I contacted the tech that installed my DMA 7000 and he was able to successfully install the 6.1.1 file on a lab DMA. So now I am assuming that there is a problem with my DMA as a whole. So I am escalating this to a higher level.

I will keep updating this thread till it's fixed as so hopefully help someone in the future.

HP Recommended

Hi Chris,

I had the same issue right now with upgrading RPAD from 4.0.0 to 4.0.1 but in my case using chrome solved it instantly 😉

HP Recommended

I apologize for resurrecting an old topic but using a 64-bit browser will also cause the symptoms you describe.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.