Occasional Visitor

HDX7000 Firmware

[ Edited ]

Hello,

We have several HDX7000 units installed on the University of Sussex campus.

Due to a network issue recently we attempted to swap to RS232 control on a unit in a high profile lecture theatre, but It seems the firmware version on the unit (3.0.1-10628) does not allow RS232 control.

We have a second box in a similar theatre with firmware 3.0.2.1-17007 which does allow 232 control, but the control selection setting does not stick through a  power cycle. (a known fault I believe)

Consequently we need to perform a firmware upgade on these boxes. On following the procedure outlined in this thread we get the key showing as "available but not entitled".

Is there a way to do this? We deal with multiple hardware suppliers and none (so far) charge for firmware updates (this is all we need) to make their products perform at their best. I would have though it was to your advantage for this to be the case!

Help!

Bob P

Systems Support Engineer AV and GTS.

University of Sussex.

Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: HDX7000 Firmware

Hello Bob P,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Usually within the same software version you are able to upgrade if you are outside of a contract / maintenance / warranty aka 3.0.2 to 3.0.6 as an example.

Trying to upgrade to the next 3.1.x release and if outside of a contract / maintenance / warranty requires you to seek a payable option.

If you are having an issue with the product itself and you need support PayPerIncident should be available for you.

If you would have posted the serial numbers I could have looked up the relevant reseller and your warranty / contract status for you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.