Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I just bought a used HDX 8000 system but not through a distributor/reseller. I have already tried recovering any license numbers tied to the serial number within the licensing & registering link.  Should those numbers pass on with the purchase? If so, I didn't get those numbers and can't not get them so can I obtain new ones so that I can upgrade my software? Lastly, how much does a license cost and how do I determine how many I need?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Well what you need and what you want depends on what version of software you are currently running. So what software version are you running on the HDX? 

HP Recommended

Im glad you ask because that was another question that I had. Where can I find that information because I would like to know ALL the software and versions of each that is already on here. I have the system on right now but my partner (who is not present, of course) did a restore configuration and it wants set up again.

HP Recommended

If you got to System then System Information you should see software version listed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.