Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I just bought a licence from a reseller after my trial period for realpresence desktop expired. I got the email and was able to set up a keycode on the polycom site. Problem is when I go into the application on my desktop it doesn't recognise the licence code I have. It fits the format for the 'Licence Number' boxes on the 'Licence' screen, however the 'activiate' button doesn't become available so I can't move on ('back' and 'reset' are both available) - screenshot attached. The licence is a RPD, SFW, PC CONF APP, 1 LIC licence.

If it helps, the licence number is XD059-4160-6053-4540, I've activated it ok and I have a keycode

I've tried reinstalling the program, and wading through the help literature. I nly have one pc with me so I can't try activating it on another. I need to get this activated in the next 8 hours (by 5am tomorrow on the west coast of the US) so I would be very grateful for someone looking in and helping out with this.

Many thanks,

Sam

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Sam,

You have to use the Key Code (K205- etc.) here.

Hope this could help.

HP Recommended

Mike_v

Thanks for taking the time to reply. My key code has 5 four-digit groups in it, and the screen is configured to accept four. I've tried different combinations of the key code grouping but they don't work. Also my key code starts with an X, don't know if that is important

Regards,

Sam

HP Recommended

Sam,

It's some strange. I have just checked the new installation - in my case (RPD ver. 3.2.0) the activation window has two lines: one for License Number and the other for Key Code.

What version do you try to install?

About 'X' as a first symbol of Key Code you are right.

HP Recommended

First lets change your current display size to default if it isn't already. I have attached an image of were that is located in Control Panel. 

Once you are back to the default size you should be able to see all of the text inside the blocks provided in RPD. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I just bought a licence from a reseller after my trial period for realpresence desktop expired. I have Activate the licence and got the key code for on the polycom site. Problem is when I go into the application on my desktop it doesn't recognise the licence code I have. It fits the format for the 'Licence Number' boxes on the 'Licence' screen, however the 'activiate' button doesn't become available so I can't move on ('back' and 'reset' are both available) - screenshot attached.

If it helps, the licence number is XPVX-AE9D-RFH9, I've activated it and I have a keycode

I would be very grateful for someone looking in and helping out with this.

With kind regards and thanks
Manjunath S R 
India . Contact No:+91 9916911709  
HP Recommended

This License Number (XPVX-etc.) is for PVX application only and can't be used with RP Desktop. The License for RPD must begin with XDxxx-etc. You have to work with your reseller on this point.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.