Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

One potential reason for unit to keep rebooting is mulfunctioning power data box. More specifically power supply portion of power data box. As you know inside power data box there are 2 PCB boards. One is power supply that provides unit with 15V DC power (and 2.6A current) and another is "brain" unit that connects CX5000 to Ethernet network and PSTN network (a.k.a. telephone line). Over time power supply inside power data box may "get old" and votage reduces providing not enough power for the unit. When unit starts it goes through POST process and at some point it starts consuming more power. At this moment the fact that there is not enough voltage causing unit to restart.

There are couple options here how to fix that. One option is to replace power data box.

<removed as we do not support unauthorized repairs>

Hope this can help to somebody. Also I hope that this will not be removed by Steffen 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello all,

As explained before Polycom cannot support unauthorized hobbyist repairs.

The Power supply is a safety component and includes 110V => 240V components.

Please do not post or suggest such repairs.

A reboot after an upgrade, i.e. the unit was working fine before the upgrade, is usually caused by either not applying both files as documented in the upgrade guide or something else going wrong during the upgrade process.

Simply Factory reset as described in the Admin Guide (Press and hold off hook and then the reset button shortly, let go on the off hook and then press and hold the flash button).

For anything else please work with your Polycom reseller or Polycom support directly and please refrain from posting any repair suggestions as we will remove these.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can anyone confirm that there SD slot\card exist on motherboard? Also is there any other firmware than 1.5.0.29 available for download?

I have the same problem, and can confirm, that both files were uploaded succesfully. Already try - firmware restore procedure, boot form network, etc. without success.

Thank you in advance! 

HP Recommended

Hello ITProves,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

There is no SD card or any other officially supported method in order to update the CX5000 or the CX500HD.

The Tool (CX5000manage.exe) must be used from a Command Line (preferably as an Administrator) and you must flash both files.

You may want to power cycle the CX5000 after flashing the Software.

At present there is only the v1.5.5029.0 for the CX5000 and the v1.6.5000.0 factory installed version for the CX5000HD.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello all,

This issue persists for me (rebooting CX 5000 every 45 secs).  Here is what I have done with no success thus far:

- Factory reset

- Replaced power supply in power data box (I know this is not recommended but I did it anyway)

- Factory reset after power supply replace

None of these has yileded any results.  The system continues to reboot every 45 seconds.  I would like to avoid spending another $5k+ to replace it given that it has been very lightly used an very well stored/maintained.

Does anyone else have any further suggestions?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello Dugnrie,

I am aware that you responded to an older post in regards of upgrading a unit and ending in a reboot loop but can you confirm what lead your unit to do this or at least verify:

• Did you try to flash a software and what version did you try?
  • Is your unit a CX5000 or a CX5000HD or a Microsoft Round Table?
  • What Operating system did you use and did you run the Command Box as an Administrator?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

I had a problem with freezing pictures in Skype for Business with my Polycom CX 5000 (non-HD). I was looking for a fix and therefore I was reading a lot of posts. Other people recommended a firmware upgrade. The device was running with the initial firmware version of 1.0.4030.0. So I downloaded the latest firmware (1.5.5029.0) and the upgrade utility from the Polycom support page. I did the two steps upgrade as mentioned in the documentation. Finally I rebooted the CX 5000 with "-m:cfg -r" and was watching the update bar until 100% complete. Since then the CX 5000 is out of control as it is in a continous reboot loop.

Can you help me?

Do you need more information? ... but I guess I gave you everything I had ...

regards,

Christian

HP Recommended

Hello Christian,

I can only suggest you try and factory restore the device.

The next step would be a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

i did the factory reset as requested. Before it reboots it will copy or extract the stored firmware image in its running place. But as I've replaced the firmware file with a newer version it will use that file again and the problem persists. Even when I wait for a reboot to finish and start the transfer of the NK files again it won't stop the reboot cycle. I hoped it would be smart enough to stop the reboot cycle while it's busy with receiving a firmware image. But I was wrong. My best guess is that the firmware image was corrupted while it was transferred through USB.

regards,

Christian

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.