Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello!

We have recently deployed a Trio 8800 system with Visual+, that now fails to communicate on video with our existing CX 7000 series. Irrespective of from which end the call is initiated, the video does not show on either side. The audio part works well.

For CX 7000, software details are:

System Model:  Polycom CX 7000

Serial Number:  FA12122017CED1

HW version: 2.0.0

SW version: 1.1.0.5377

Image version: 20120830.5377

Lync version: 4.0.7577.4087

For Trio 8800, these are:

Phone Model: Real Presence Trio 8800 with Visual+

Part Number: 3111-65290-001 Rev:A

UC Software Version: 5.4.4.7776

Updater Signature: Release

Many thanks in advance.

Imran

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Imran,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Not knowing anything about your LYNC / Skype Infrastructure but the CX7000, according to its data sheet , is only LYNC 2010 compatible and the Trio only LYNC 2013 upwards.

The Trio supports LYNC / Skype for Business SVC where the CX7000 only supports the H.264. You could probably have a LYNC 2010 pool and federate this with a LYNC 2013 or Skype for Business pool.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen.

Thanks for your reply; much appreciated.

We are using Microsoft Lync 2013 server for our regular environment. The only odd one now is the CX 7000. I had been informed that there is a newer software version available now for CX 7000 (ours is version 1.1.0.5377), which we will try to apply.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Imran

HP Recommended

Hello Imran,

Version 1.2.0 on the CX7000 added Microsoft Lync Server 2013 support so you should be ok.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.