Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have HDX 9006.

The other day, I had to make a video call using a string like this: xxxxxxxxxx@ip_address

Usually, I would just input ip_address, but this time, I had a long string xxxxxxxxx (some numbers) in front.

What is this?  Could someone tell me more?

Another thing: if I just used ip_address, I'd have a screen telling me to input the xxxxxxxxx string.  But I cannot do so using the remote control.  Is it possible to make the HDX let me enter the xxxxxxxxx part separately?

TIA

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

It is Annex O dialing, generally used with SIP protocols.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

I just checked inside Admin Guide (3.1.5) but all I can find is at page 2-11, title IPv6 Gatekeeper Support where it's talking about

H.323 Annex O dialing

The same thing?

And about separate input, possible or not?

HP Recommended

You likely can't dial the numbers individually without being registered to their associated gatekeepr or registrar. These kind of addresses either refer to a VMR (virtual meeting room) or a specific registered user.

As for hitting the bridge and entering your VMR number you should be able to do it using DTMF tones on the remote if the bridge is configured for it.  I think on HDXs you need to press the # key to start the DTMF feature. Alternatively you can enter them throug the webgui on the device or you can just enter the entire string in the first place and get routed immediately. 

HP Recommended

We use BlueJeans and they have two options of connecting to meetings.

1. Dial 199.48.152.152 and then enter your meeting ID and press pound

2. Dial XXXXXXXXXX@199.48.152.152 and bypass the "enter your meeting ID" screen. (X= meeting ID)

Most people just click the speed dial we have setup on the screen for the IP address and then enter their meeting ID. However we have a few special user cases like for our CEO who has a small Polycom in his office, we created a speed dial with his meeting ID@ the BlueJeans IP address so he can enter his meeting room with one click.

Hope this helps,

Scott

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.