Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

before I open a SR for it a quick question. I'm right about to configure a Polycom CX7000 in Standalone mode and need to know in which format the CA certificate needs to be? There is no Information about it, only how to setup the USB stick.

Thanks a lot!

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Looks like the problem is solved and  the CX7000 got today the certificate from the Lync Infrastructure itself.

What is still open is the question about the USB upload which format the certificate needs to have (pfx, cer, pem...)

How ever I will ask internally or support for the answer!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Looks like the problem is solved and  the CX7000 got today the certificate from the Lync Infrastructure itself.

What is still open is the question about the USB upload which format the certificate needs to have (pfx, cer, pem...)

How ever I will ask internally or support for the answer!

HP Recommended

PFX

HP Recommended

Hi Jeff, I would disagree. Here several solid reasons why it is not PFX:

1. PFX is the file that contains private key. Are you suggesting that we put Private Key of the company CA to each CX7000 unit?

2. PFX file must be password protected (or assigned AD user/computer). Do you think CX7000 will ask me for password?

3. When I put PFX on USB stick, and insert USB, Import Certificate option is greyed-out. So obviously this does not work

I'm still trying to figure out in what fdormat to put the certificates on USB stick. For sure it must be in subfolder "certchain" but any option I tried does not work. Admin guide does not reveal any details, it just says "put certificates there".

If anybody solved this puzzle or know the details please share. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.