Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Polycom,

I'm working on a company with a Polycom HDX 9000 series.

We have no way to communicate with external partners that use Skype (I've read about on forums, documentation, ...)

Thinking on a solution, an idea could be to use the Eagle Eye III HD camera only as a camera and audio for Skype, better than integrated webcam. How can we connect the Eagle directly to a notebook ? 

I've seen that uses HDCI cable. Does it exist a HDCI-VGA or HDCI-HDMI cable ?

Other option could be connecting the notebook to the HDX and HDX would act as pass-thru, only for connection because the DVI-VGA output could be valid for the notebook.

Another ideas ?

Thank you very much

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

The problem with this is with your typical web cam there are drivers that need to be installed for a camera to be detected by windows and for it to show video. Then the application, Skype, Yahoo, PVX etc would need to detect that camera. There are no drivers that can be loaded for an Eagle Eye III camera to be detected by windows.

HP Recommended

And does it exist drivers for other operating systems ?

HP Recommended

And what about to use the HDX as pass-thru to a notebook with Skype ?

HP Recommended

There are no drivers for any of the Polycom Eagle Eye series to be used on a Notebook/PC that is not the way it was designed. I am not sure how a notebook connected to the HDX and using the integrated web cam as a passthrough with skype. My guess is you could share it as a people source and maybe get the video to go through, the audio on the other hand would be suspect. This is one of those "Try it, see what happens" scenario's as this is beyond a supported application.

HP Recommended

I don't want to use the integrated webcam of the notebook.

The idea is to use the Eagle Eye cam as video source for Skype (I've mentioned the HDX as pass-thru for it).

The problem would be how Skype is able to catch the video from Eagle through the HDX.

Suggestions ?

Thanks

HP Recommended

I see what you are saying, no that would not work as Windows would still need to recognize the EE Camera. Using the HDX as a passthrough is also not an option as you would need an output to the Notebook and the only outputs are monitor outputs and those only have 1 way communication. You would need the HDX to communicate with the laptop and the laptop with the HDX. What you are trying to do are unsupported scenarios.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've found a software that allow to transfer screen and more to software like Skype. This is SplitCam.

I will test the HDX 9004 connected to a laptop and capture and stream the screen content to Skype using SplitCam.

Regards.

HP Recommended
Skype and HDX systems will not communicate with each other. HDX uses H.323 for IP, Skype does not. Try our Polycom Telepresence m100. The m100 is an H.323 application that can be installed on a laptop and is fully compatible with HDX. You cannot use an EagleEye III camera on a laptop. There are many good USB cameras on the market. Get a good logitech and you will be surprised how good the video is when used with the m100. Its a lot easier to carry around as well.
HP Recommended

To integerate Polycom & Skype Together your will need skype Gateway you can go for a solution called skystone which i have tested and it's working absouloutely fine between any H323,Sip & Skype,Facebook..Let me know if you need any help with it 

Farag,

UC Consultant 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.