Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Has anyone see the following error when booting their codec:

EC09 Audio DSP memory failed

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended
Polycom is aware of this issue and is working towards a resolution.
HP Recommended

Hi Kendo, Iabram,

Is this EC09 issue solved already? We have got the same error with one of our HDX devices.

HDX 9002, S/W: 3.0.3.1-19040

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Johan

HP Recommended

Hi Ken,

Has there been any resolution to this issue? There don't seem to be any updated threads regarding this issue that I could find. We are experiencing the same issue as well.

Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

We have 4 units on site, recently updated the firmware and now one of them has thrown up this error... Typically it's failed just as we need to use it... A fix would be nice?

HP Recommended
Hello Mattthomas,

Did you contact technical support as advised on the screenshot?

Best regards

Steffen Baier
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

WHAT a co-incidence.  One of our resellers has exactly the same error message.

He's on V3.0.5.  As per this post, I've advised a factory reset & if that doesn't work RMA the unit.

If "Polycom" were aware of this issue back in Feruary, what was the fix?

HP Recommended

Hello Pete,

I am unable to comment on Kendo's reply as he works in a different area to myself.

Looking at our internal database JIRA I can only find one direct reference to the EC09 related to a HDX9006.

My advise for each individual case would be to work with Polycom support and then possibly provide some individual feedback here.

The latest poster mentioned that they upgraded their firmware but failed to mention the software version or the type of HDX.

Others mention the type of HDX but not their software.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yes I did contact the service centre. Just going to try a reset now.

HP Recommended

Also, they are all Polycom HDX 8000's, with sortware version Release - 3.0.5-22695

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.