Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Team,

I am experiencing an issue that not occur in the software versions before 6.1.0.

When I connect power cable on the power outlet on my GS500 or GS300, I was not enable to POWER ON the system, pressing the Call button on the Remote Control. At the 1st time I power the system, I must power on by touching the power sensor on the front of the system. This issue begins, after I have upgraded to the last software version (6.1.0)

On the sw_ver_6.0.1, this problem not occurred. I was able to power on the system, pressing the Call Button on the remote control, just after I´ve connected the power cable on the power outlet.

I´ve tried to downgrade to the version 6.0.1, but the issue was not solved. It´s still there.

Does anyone here, have a GS with version 6.0.1 or lower and still not updated already for version 6.1.0, to do this test for me, just to confirm that I´m not crazy? 🙂 Make a video record and send it to me, so I can show Polycom support team tha this worked before version 6.1.0.

I´ve done few tests like:

-- downgrade to version 5.0.3 --> not worked

-- downgrade to version 5.1.1 --> not worked

-- make a factory reset on the codec, and it installed the version 5.1.2 ---> not worked

-- downgrade to version 6.0.1 --> not worked

I think that the version 6.1.0 changed some "instruction on the baseline code" inside the codec, that disabled this function.

After power on the system touching the power sensor on the front of the system, and not DISCONNECT the power cable on the power outlet, the system shutdown and power on normally by pressing the Call Button from the remote.

I´ve tried to use the HDX remote Control to use the Power Button, but still not make effect at the first time I powered the codec. I really need to power on by touching the power sensor.

Thank You,

Ricardo.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I'm asking this question, so imagine a customer who has a equipment with a codec inside a 19 "rack, and something happened to the electric power that was shut down and then the power went back in. The end user will have to go to the rack to Connect the equipment manually, since the remote control will not work ??? Its not make sense, isnt it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.