Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have opened a TAC Case with Cisco about the issue when I launch a multipoint session (Telepresence Server 8710) with some devices like a HDX6000 HD, Cisco SX20 and Cisco CTS500.

The issue is with the TS8710 version 4.1(2.29), with the version 3.1(1.95) is working fine. When SX20 or CTS500 try to share content with all devices involve in the multipoint session, the HDX6000 HD doesn't receive anything, a black screen.

Cisco said the following:

I analyzed the logs by looking into the pcaps only but managed to see what I wanted to see ultimately.

So what I see the following:

• (CTS was registered in SIP and HDX was registered in H323)
  • RTP traffic of the main video of Polycom HDX 6000 enters MCU (port 49208/60388) and gets forwarded to CTS (port 50768/22520) where it is received properly
  • RTP traffic of the main video of CTS enters the MCU (port 50768/22520) and gets forwarded to HDX on port 49208/60388
  • RTP traffic of the content of CTS enters the MCU (port 50768/22520) and gets forwarded to HDX on port 49212/61920

So for the CTS the same ports are used for video and content but for Polycom it does use different ports, however we just see the correct RTP traffic. Also had a look on the release notes of the latest Polycom HDX software (http://downloads.polycom.com/video/hdx/ReleaseNotes/hdx_rel_notes_v3_1_7.pdf) but could not see any recent improvements for interoperability with Cisco. In fact I did not see any recent updates, besides OpenSSL updates in it so I don't know if Polycom will bring out new updates on it.

What we need to do now is to ask Polycom why it does not display the content video as we see the RTP traffic going to the device but then it does not get displayed at all. Because we don't have a Polycom account for support and you are the current holder of the Polycom endpoint(s), it is best to open a new case at Polycom for this where you explain that we send the RTP traffic to it but then it does not get displayed at the Polycom endpoint. Note also that you only see this with the HDX 6000 endpoint as the other ones still seem to work properly. It might seem like an issue at our side but we see that the RTP traffic is sent correctly to the Polycom endpoint, from there on it is currently the question why Polycom does not display this content. If you open a case with Polycom, then put the Polycom case-owners in our loop so we can have a look with the Polycom responsible on this issue.

We have some polycom models, like a HDX7000, HDX9000,... and all devices are working fine except the HDX 6000 HD.

Don you find some issues with this device and this scenario?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello maromero,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I am aware that you mention the 3.1.7 release notes but it is still always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

You can raise a Polycom support case via your Polycom reseller for out of warranty devices usually via a Pay per Incident ticket. Your Polycom reseller should be able to assist you so we can look at the logs if required.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello maromero,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I am aware that you mention the 3.1.7 release notes but it is still always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

You can raise a Polycom support case via your Polycom reseller for out of warranty devices usually via a Pay per Incident ticket. Your Polycom reseller should be able to assist you so we can look at the logs if required.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

check the call preference mobe... 

HP Recommended

HDX 6000 has different content decoding capabilities than other HDX series systems.  HDX 6000 isn't necessarily capable of decoding content video bitstream that HDX 900x or HDX 8000 can decode.

"Black" video typically suggests that H.239 token exchange was done as expected and HDX 6000 is ready to receive and decode content video; however, the HDX 6000 is either not receiving RTP (which doesn't appear to be the case here) or HDX 6000 is unable to decode the bitstream for one reason or another.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.