Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

SYSTEM   environment::

SZ:HDX-7000 V3.0 *1  CMA 4000  (route mode)  V5.5

BJ:HDX-7000 V3.0 *1

HDX-7000(BJ) can't be called by  HDX(SZ),but HDX (BJ) can call HDX (SZ),

hdx 7000(SZ)  is ok to the other Endpoint.    NETWORK aslo is ok in SZ.

i think that :firewall settings cause the problem,but i can't find the details.

what may be cause the problem? firewall settings or  EP settings? please give some advices,thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Drifter,

When the systems are registered to the CMA, in routed mode, call setup information passes through the CMA in order to establish the call. Calls failing when the BJ HDX is registered to the CMA is most likely due to either port filtration / blocking in the communications path between the BJ HDX and the CMA 4000. 

Please ensure that the following ports and protocols are allowed Bi-Directionally (both inbound and outbound) through on any router ACL's and firewalls which may be present in the path:

TCP 1720, 3230 - 3243

UDP 3230 - 3285

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Good start to indicate software versions and products.  

Some thoughts: Could be firewall / port blocking issue.

Are you able to indicate the call flow, that being where is the packet passing through ?

Fix ports in codecs ensure ports are open. Do we have NAT enabled ?

I am unsure if both endpoints are registered to the same CMA ? what is the topology ? are both endpoints under the same site ? if one is under internet/vpn ensure you have a link to internet in configuration.

I guess we need more info on environment.

HP Recommended

SZ HDX  7000 are registered to the  CMA 4000,But BJ HDX 7000 do not.

When SZ HDX 7000 cancel the GK,it was ok between the two sites.

When BJ HDX 7000 are registered to the  CMA 4000,it can' be call,or call .

signaling pass  through  the CMA,when SZ HDX 7000(registered ) call BJ HDX 7000(unregistered )?

signaling don't pass  through  the CMA,when BJ HDX 7000(unregistered ) call SZ HDX 7000(registered )?beause communication was ok.

so i thinks there is port prolbem between BJ HDX 7000 and CMA 4000.

HP Recommended

Hello Drifter,

When the systems are registered to the CMA, in routed mode, call setup information passes through the CMA in order to establish the call. Calls failing when the BJ HDX is registered to the CMA is most likely due to either port filtration / blocking in the communications path between the BJ HDX and the CMA 4000. 

Please ensure that the following ports and protocols are allowed Bi-Directionally (both inbound and outbound) through on any router ACL's and firewalls which may be present in the path:

TCP 1720, 3230 - 3243

UDP 3230 - 3285

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.