Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all. First time posting and honestly new to Polycom A/V conferencing. The issue I am having is when I call the HDX from inside or outside the network I will answer with Yes to accept the call then the I get an error message saying "The far site has disconnected....". When I started this project I had the local intranet calls working but as I made changes to get the outside world to connect I have broken the local connections. Could any of you maybe point me in a direction to at least get the local back to working without having to reset the HDX? Thank you in advance.

HDX 8000 software version 3.1.11-53024

Point to point calls

Sonicwall firewall (opened all required ports and pointed them to the HDX)

I have attached the log file from the HDX just in case it might help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I use the RPM v3.7-64806 on my Android phone, unregistered H.323 for testing.  Under Settings->General Settings there is a Send the Log Report which might help if you can post it or take a look at it. Also, when RPM is in a call, there is the icon your can click to see the current call statistics which can show if you're receiving any video/audio packets and what protocols have been negotiated.

Dialing the Polycom test site 140.242.250.203 from my Android phone works fine.  Try that....not sure but it might be an HDX.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

I have the local network working again and can connect from outside the network but I using my phone and the video screen stayed blue. I am not sure if this is my cell data not being able to handle the data rate or something else but I wanted to give an update. The issue was I had to turn NAT Configuration off on the HDX to get the local to work again.

HP Recommended

I stand corrected. I have most of the local working. When I call the HDX from a device within the network I get video but no sound. I will search through the forum to see if I can find a solution.

HP Recommended

When calling from outside, what client are you using on your phone (Android or IOS)?  If the video isn't displayed but not being blocked then it might be because the resolution is not supported by the client.

HP Recommended

I am using Iphone 7 plus. I didn't even think about resolution as being the issue. Thank you for the reply Joe

HP Recommended

What video client are you using on your iPhone and is it H.323 or SIP?  Maybe there is a diagnostic log file on the phone that will provide a clue.

HP Recommended

I have been using the Polycom RealPresence app and H.323

HP Recommended

I use the RPM v3.7-64806 on my Android phone, unregistered H.323 for testing.  Under Settings->General Settings there is a Send the Log Report which might help if you can post it or take a look at it. Also, when RPM is in a call, there is the icon your can click to see the current call statistics which can show if you're receiving any video/audio packets and what protocols have been negotiated.

Dialing the Polycom test site 140.242.250.203 from my Android phone works fine.  Try that....not sure but it might be an HDX.

HP Recommended

I am attaching the log from the HDX and the RPM

HP Recommended

Having trouble finding the call in your RPM log, what did you dial?  When dialing IP 140.242.250.203 on my Android phone, the log file shows it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.