Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello

I have several HDXs in my network which are registered to a CMA and a VBP-E is in this network aswell. Now when i try to call to a plain public IP the call won't go through. The only i can see is a DRQ in the CMA. No ARQ or call setup whatsoever. The HDX will Hang up after few seconds. 

When i call with the very same HDX an IP##E.164 it gets thourgh without any problems. The CMA looks fine and the call is ok too. I restarted both CMA and HDX without success.

I hope you guys can help and tell me why it does not work with just a public IP.

Cheers 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
Try un-registering your HDX from the gatekeeper. Typically only systems that are registered to a Gatekeeper can call each other. Of course the next piece of the puzzle then becomes public IP address that is properly NAT'ed through your firewall to reach the internal IP of your HDX. Ports may also be a factor.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply

The CMA allows HDX's call to public IP's using the VBP in the network. The first piece of the puzzle would be to undersatnd why the CMA does not get any ARQ when the endpoint trys to call 123.123.123.123. It only gets an DRQ. However, when trying to call 123.123.123.123##456798 it works and the call gets connected.

HP Recommended

If I understand your problem the external sitre cannot direct a direct IP of the internal site. I see you have a VBP and the call routing via VBP is the x.x.x.x of VBP and then ## E164 address of endpoint trying to reach.  You will not be able to have an external site dial an internal site via direct IP.  All incoming calls must confirm to the VBP dial structure.

HP Recommended

It is the other way around. From my network (VBP,CMA,HDX) i can't call out to "just" a public IP like 99.99.99.99

However i can call 99.99.99.99##1234

From Internet(external sites) it is possible to call the HDX's in my network by my VBP_public_facingIP##HDX_E.164. 

HP Recommended

Kendo wrote:
Try un-registering your HDX from the gatekeeper. Typically only systems that are registered to a Gatekeeper can call each other. Of course the next piece of the puzzle then becomes public IP address that is properly NAT'ed through your firewall to reach the internal IP of your HDX. Ports may also be a factor.

Come on dude, read the OP - you are a polycom employee so should know what an VBP is and how it works with CMA!

HP Recommended

@Booze69 wrote:

It is the other way around. From my network (VBP,CMA,HDX) i can't call out to "just" a public IP like 99.99.99.99

However i can call 99.99.99.99##1234

From Internet(external sites) it is possible to call the HDX's in my network by my VBP_public_facingIP##HDX_E.164. 

I'm not sure anyone has read your post, or understood you here. I have.

Sounds like you have the Provider and Subscriber IP around the wrong way on the VBP? check that..

Also check that the site which the HDX's belong does have the VBP as its ALG to the internet in site settings.

Can someone outside dial in? out of interest - using <yourVBP_IP>##e.164

HP Recommended

Hi sharps

This is not VBP issue. Provider and Subscriber side are fine.

The problem is imo in the CMA:

If i try to call to a public IP from a HDX within my local network it does not work. In the CMA i only see DRQ message.

The logs of the calling HDX say:

2011-11-16 15:01:04 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: h323rasClient: Gatekeeper IP admission request timed out. 
2011-11-16 15:01:04 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: H323Call[0]: Error: Gatekeeper accepted ARQ, but we are no longer in a call. 

No call indication in VBP whatsover.

If i try the same with a publicIP##E.164 the call gets through: CMA logs look right and i can see the call in the VBP

And yes It is possible to call from Internet to my HDX's through the VBP dialing <yourVBP_IP>##e.164 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.