Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We recently updated our HDX devices with the firmware that was recently released to enable them to register with our Lync 2013 environment.

The account registers successfully with Lync and I can see the accounts presence, but video calls fail with the error "Video was not accepted".

Our AES settings are set to "When available" and we also have the RTV key installed.

Unfortunately there is no documentation for Polycom and Lync 2013 as of yet, so we have followed the Lync 2010 docs.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok, so no H.264 support without the RTV key.

We'll see if we can purchase a key. I'm sure thie will work once it is installed.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

What is the system your are tiring to make a connection to. Also are they also on the same Lync 2013 server or gatekeeper if you have one?

HP Recommended

We are trying to integrate an HDX7000 with Lync 2013.

The HDX7000 can successfully register with Lync. We can see the account's presence and make audio calls, but video calls fail both ways. The error in Lync is "Video was not accepted".

It turns out we do not have RTV. I just found this:

Microsoft Lync 2013 does not support H.263 (previously available in Microsoft Lync 2010) for the following HDX systems:

HDX 9006
HDX 8000 HD (Hardware Version B)
HDX 7000 HD (Hardware Versions C and D)
HDX 4500 HD
HDX 4000 HD (Hardware Version C)
Calls made in the Microsoft Lync 2013 environment without RTV keys might receive audio only.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Ok, so no H.264 support without the RTV key.

We'll see if we can purchase a key. I'm sure thie will work once it is installed.

HP Recommended

Hello LS,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you original post not state that you have a Key installed?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Yes, but I do not manage our Polycom devices. It was later confirmed that the RTV key has not been installed.

I will post back when/if a key is purchased.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi team,

I am facing same issue, not getting Video while establishing Video Call Beteween HDX8000 & Lync Client.

Its connected only on Audio.

Gone through MS Lync2010 and HDX Configuration, seems to be OK.

In one of another site Video Call is through between HDX8000 and Lync Client (MS-2010) without RTV License.

Regards,

Jignesh P.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.