Occasional Visitor
Accepted Solution

HDX7000 and multiple micophones

HI,

We are having our boardroom refurbished, and I have been asked to investigate elegant way to improve voice capture for our POlycom HDX7000 unit. Current we have a single Polycom 2215-23327-001 microphone , which struggles to capture people sitting on the ends of the boardroom table (which is approx 4m long).

I understand that multiple microphones can be connected connected together ? (but multiple wires coming from each unit..eyesore on desk :( ). Is it just a matter for connecting them in an array, and how can linked together?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: HDX7000 and multiple micophones

Take a look at >>> HDX Admin's Guide <<<, "Connecting Devices to the Polycom HDX 7000 Series Microphone Input".

The total length from HDX system to the first Polycom microphone can vary between 18 in and 100 ft. The maximum length between subsequent microphones is 25 ft.

WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I have connected a SoundStation IP 7000 to the Polycom HDX 7000 to double up as an extended microphone and SIP phone which appears to work.

However, connecting the SoundStation IP 7000 stops the  Polycom HDX 7000 Remote Control from working! I have confirmed this by disconnecting the SoundStation IP 7000 from the Polycom HDX 7000 and restarting the HDX unit.

I have changed the Channel on the HDX 7000 for the remote to work on channel 5 and paired it with the remote, however reconnecting the SoundStation stops the remote from working.

Please can you advise how we stop this behaviour?

thanks

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello UNSLOG,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

The same is applicable for the HDX.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Occasional Visitor

Hi

Version info is below

SoundStation IP 7000 (main) version:3.3.1.0933

P/N 315-11530-331

File: sip.id

HDX7000 Software version is 3.0.2.1-17007

Regards

Hello UNSLOG,

The SSIP7000 should be running UC software 4.0.11 and Updater 5.0.11

The HDX should be on a build 3.0.6 which I believe is currently the latest.

Details on a SSIP7000 can be found in my signature or as an example => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I cannot upgrade the HDX as the it requires a license key during upgrade.

We do not have support contract on this unit , as our supplier provides Polycom support.

Please can you clarify if there is setting that controls this behaviour  or can you provide a temporary license to resolve this issue?

As long as you stay within the same 3.0.x release you do not require a key

Replied via a mobile device
Please be aware:

Occasional Visitor

It appears that after upgrading 3.0.6, the remote starting working in conjuction with the IP 7000 soundstation.

thanks