Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

A few years ago, I have started a few threads describing an issue with a 'pulsating' video on my HDX 9002, here's one of them:

http://community.polycom.com/t5/Video-Endpoints/HDX-9002-pulsating-video-potential-NAT-issues/td-p/1...

I have solved this issue by fixing ports to 100 full duplex on my Draytek 2700 ADSL2+ router and the Polycom.

I have recently moved to FTTC and, to my surprise and horror, the issue is back! It is reproduced in exactly the same way. The router is Draytek 2830 triple WAN router. If I call the system on LAN via m100 software, the video is fine, however, calls to external sites all return the same 'pulse' every 5-10 seconds. It is extremely frustrating. The line is a 70/20 line and this happens even on 384k calls so I am sure that it isn't the connection.

The reason why I created this thread is just in case I forgot to do something as I haven't been actively configuring these devices for the last half a year or so, my checklist is as follows:

- Ports are all forwarded through the 'open ports' menu (including 1720);

- All LAN ports are fixed at 100F via telnet, the 'Wan2' port (one that goes to modem) is also fixed to 100F just in case;

- NAT is set to manual configuration, with traversal and h.323 compatibility unchecked.

I have tried various settings on all of the above (including autonegotiation on all ports, unchecking fixed ports and forwarding every port higher than 1000 to the device, checking all NAT settings, etc., spent hours and hours).

I am thinking of just buying a new router now, something basic and wired, as the line is for the HDX only. Anybody has any recommendations regarding FTTC routers that are definitely compatible with the HDX?

Thanks,

BM3000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I would SERIOUSLY look into buying a VBP/V2IU 43xx from ebay.   I saw them out there for under $100...

Gary M

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I would SERIOUSLY look into buying a VBP/V2IU 43xx from ebay.   I saw them out there for under $100...

Gary M

HP Recommended

I bought a VBP 5300 but it was faulty:

http://community.polycom.com/t5/Management-Security-and-Rich/Can-t-identify-to-Polycom-VBP-5300-E10/...

I returned it. The 5300 is a bit out of my budget though anyway. I was on the lookout for the 43xx as well, couldn't find it as of yet. Thanks.

Edit: seems like there is one around for a good price, 435o V2IU, I might pick that one up.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.