Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have an HDX 7000 connected to a single TV.  I am currently connected to 2 different calls at the same time.  I can hear both, but cannot view both sites.  I have tried setting the Viewing Mode to Discussion and Presentation, but no dice.......Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

ok, now that you have unchecked Basic mode from your system, you can verify if the other two are set for basic mode by calling each one individually. Once connected point to point, check the call stats of the call, if the Audio Protocol is G.711 or the video protocol is H.261, chances are the far system is in basic mode. Otherwise now that you have just disabled basic mode try your multipoint call again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

-Is this HDX 7000 the Multipoint Host?

-Is there a bridge?

-Can you call each site individually and see and hear each other?

-Which site to you always see, is it the first one connected or the second?

-What firewall are you behind?

-Make sure each of the systems are not in Basic Mode/Diagnostic Mode (System>Admin Settings>Network>Call Preferences

HP Recommended

Yes I can call them individually and everything is fine........

I unchecked Basic mode

I am seeing the first one that I connected to 

This HDX is device doing the multipoint calling (is that the same as it being the host?)

And our firewall is huge......we have two folks dedicated to simply that.

HP Recommended

Yes the host is the same thing

Did you uncheck Basic Mode before the issue or per my suggestion?

Can you place this system totally outside of the firewall (opening all ports is not a good solution) and test the call again?

Is the HDX that is the host set for discussion? The host system dictates what the Multipoint viewing mode is going to be.

What are the other two systems in the call, are those set for basic/Diagnostic mode?

HP Recommended

Yes I unchecked Basic mode as per your instruction

No I cannot place this unit outside of our firewall.........our firewall is everywhere

Yes it is set for discussion, and I don't know if the other two are set for basic or not.

HP Recommended

ok, now that you have unchecked Basic mode from your system, you can verify if the other two are set for basic mode by calling each one individually. Once connected point to point, check the call stats of the call, if the Audio Protocol is G.711 or the video protocol is H.261, chances are the far system is in basic mode. Otherwise now that you have just disabled basic mode try your multipoint call again.

HP Recommended

Hi,How I set HDX-7000 to basic or diagnose mode for multi point viewing,

What is the maximum site can we view in multi point  CALL from far end,(our 's is HDX-7000),FAR END UNKNOWN SYSTEM.

We have already activated multipoint plus license in our system.

With regards,

Rajesh S

@jerebrow wrote:

I have an HDX 7000 connected to a single TV.  I am currently connected to 2 different calls at the same time.  I can hear both, but cannot view both sites.  I have tried setting the Viewing Mode to Discussion and Presentation, but no dice.......Please help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.