Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi polycom Team,

we have HDX 8000 in our locations. One of the location is having the multipoint license . whenever we taking video conference call with other sites , we are facing call disconnection issue.

all the locations are beyond private network and connected through MPLS network.

for example site A has the multipoint license and site B & C are dialing to the site A and joining the conference call. only the site C is getting frequently disconnected. site C doesn't have any network issue.

we want to know why the site c is getting disconnected frequently.

thanks & regards 

ashokkumar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi,

yesterday we have tested the scenerio. we connected all the call at 256kbps , we are able to connect the sites without any issues and there is no call disconnection.

still we have planned to work by connecting the calls at varies speeds and narrow down the issue.

thanks & regards,

ashokkumar

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Without an examination of the logs it would be impossible to provide any assistance.  You should open a service ticket with your Polycom service provider so they may assist you with getting logs and examining them.

Some questions: if you are in a point-2-point call with this site C does it experience a disconnect?  Is it always at the same time interval?  Can you change who site C is and experience the same issue?  Have you tried calling other sites to see if they stay up, or do they always drop.  Have you verified the MP key is in fact active and not just the MP trial?

HP Recommended

thanks steven for your revert.

we have not logged any ticket with polycom so far this issue. these issue happened during a vip  call , so we dont try all the options what u have mentioned . i hope probably by tommorrow ,i can perform the same conference call.

with respect to license , i sure that we have a valid license which is updated by the vendor during installation. 

let me try some multiple combination & observe the results. i will keep updated  on this forum... i am really curious finding root cause for this issue.

thanks once again.

regards,

ashok. 

HP Recommended

hi,

yesterday we have tested the scenerio. we connected all the call at 256kbps , we are able to connect the sites without any issues and there is no call disconnection.

still we have planned to work by connecting the calls at varies speeds and narrow down the issue.

thanks & regards,

ashokkumar

HP Recommended

Try having a multipoint vdeo conferencing using tools like R-HUB HD video conferencing servers. Let us know if issue is resolved. It provides 30 day free trial.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.