Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a Polycom HDX 8000.  When we make outbound calls, it rings and we get the green circle at the bottom left of the screen, but the call will not connect.  We are calling BlueJeans.  We can make the call successfully from our two LifeSize units, but the Polycom, which has been working for two years, will not connect.  We have opened all ports and removed the NAT and still no success.

We can see the call:

Any thoughts?  Is there a setting that may have been changed that would cause this?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello Phillip T Tolleson,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Trying the community search finds multiple posts about the same -> here <-

Does it work ever and / or have you tested our test sites?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The system was running v 3.1, but after the complaint, I upgraded to 3.11.  The system has been working for over a year.  The client recently made some network changes, but insists that all the settings are the same.  I sure that the network changes are the issue, but I have no idea what would be causing this.  I'm really looking for insight as to where to direct the network guys to look for problems.

HP Recommended

Again you are not answering all the questions asked:

• Was this HDX prior to your customers change ever able to call Bluejeans?
    Yes or No

• Was this HDX prior to your customers change ever able to call other Polycom Endpoints?
    Yes or No

• Was this HDX prior to your customers change ever able to call other Endpoints?
    Yes or No

• Have you tried to call any of the Polycom test sites mentioned in the FAQ?
    Yes or No

• Have you tried to call any local (within the same network) Polycom Endpoint aka RPM / RPD or another HDX / GroupSeries?
    Yes or No

• Have you yet looked at the logs or made a wireshark trace?
    Yes or No

If you struggle please work with a Polycom reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your HDX's MAC / Serial address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yes. This unit was able to make the BlueJeans call for the last year +.

I don't recall if we ever called any other Polycom endpoints.

I don't recall if we ever tested with any other endpoints besides BlueJeans.  The client uses BlueJeans for 100% of video calls.

When I tried the Polycom test sites, I get a white circle, indicating that there is no connection.  When I call BlueJeans or other test sites, I get a green circle, but the call never connects.  After timing out, it tries via SIP and I get an error recording (I assume from the call manager).

I did not try to call from the Polycom to one of the LifeSize units, but did try from LifeSize to Polycom.  The LifeSize unit gave me an error.  I think it was something about not being able to locate the destination endpoint.  I was by myself and given the time allottment I had, I could easily set the Polycom to auto answer, but could not remote into the LifeSize unit due to not having the password.

I do not have any other Polycom endpoints on the network.

HP Recommended

Yes. This unit was able to make the BlueJeans call for the last year +.

I don't recall if we ever called any other Polycom endpoints.

I don't recall if we ever tested with any other endpoints besides BlueJeans.  The client uses BlueJeans for 100% of video calls.

When I tried the Polycom test sites, I get a white circle, indicating that there is no connection.  When I call BlueJeans or other test sites, I get a green circle, but the call never connects.  After timing out, it tries via SIP and I get an error recording (I assume from the call manager).

I did not try to call from the Polycom to one of the LifeSize units, but did try from LifeSize to Polycom.  The LifeSize unit gave me an error.  I think it was something about not being able to locate the destination endpoint.  I was by myself and given the time allottment I had, I could easily set the Polycom to auto answer, but could not remote into the LifeSize unit due to not having the password.

I do not have any other Polycom endpoints on the network.

The only log information I currently have is the attachment below, from the network guy.

I will be onsite again tomorrow.

HP Recommended

I suggest you setup RPM or RPD on a table or phone or on a laptop and try to call to and from the HDX whilst on the same network.

Once you know that works try to setup a spanned port and see if any traffic is dropped. In addition check the logs.

If this all fails please work with your Polycom reseller to get support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks, Steffen.  I am the Polycom reseller.  Where can I find a document detailing the necessary network config for VC?  Something that shows the ports that need to be open and any other requirements.  I know there are TCP and UDP ports listed in the system menu, but there are others that are not listed, such as TCP 1720.  Besides ports, what else is required?

Is that information on a document?  I have the Integrators Ref Man and Admin Guide, but don't see the network info.

Thanks,

Trey

HP Recommended

I doubt that you are an official Polycom reseller, when asking such basic questions, as usually they are trained and familiar with our products.

Again I can only make you aware of the Video FAQ, as shown in my signature, as this covers such points.

If you are still stuck or unfamiliar with Polycom products please provide us with the serial number of your device.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.