Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

Firstly, apologies for the total noob questions that are about to follow, but ive read the manual and checked for stickies aswell as youtube etc and i cant seem to find any info..

Basically, my company have moved premises and in the boardroom of our new premises the old tennants left behind a HDX7000 Polycom that is connected to 2 plasmas via a Crestron AV system.  My boss wants me to configure the new system so staff from regional offices can join conferences etc from their laptops. As i didnt know the old admin password, I reset the system back to factory defaults and then set up a static IP address etc.  All well so far...What i want to do know is the following

• Since i reset the system back to factory defaults do i need to source the license or will it still be on it?

• How do I allow our staff dial in to the system via the LAN using some sort of client software. i cant see where i create   the users, or how to configure LDAP authentication to point to our local Active Directory.

• What Client do i need to install on our users pc so they can connect to the system? Will the CMA work or do you have to pay for it? I have read that an application called MOVI works however im not sure how to configure it etc. Is it possible to simply initiate a call through a web browser or do you have to use a client?

Again, apologies but im at my wits end with the system and the boss is driving me hard!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Since i reset the system back to factory defaults do i need to source the license or will it still be on it?

It depends.  On HDX firmware 2.6 or later (the most current is 3.0.3.2), most of the functionality is built-in.  Post the system serial number or PM it to me, and I'll look it up to see if any a la carte option keys were purchased for it.

How do I allow our staff dial in to the system via the LAN using some sort of client software. i cant see where i create   the users, or how to configure LDAP authentication to point to our local Active Directory. ... What Client do i need to install on our users pc so they can connect to the system?

The simplest method is to use Polycom's Telepresence m100 software.  This can be used on Windows clients on the LAN very easily.

HP Recommended

Thanks Dude, ill pm you tomorrow, do you have to pay for the m100 software?

HP Recommended

m100 is free for 30 days, and fully functional.  After that, a single seat runs $89 MSRP.

HP Recommended

Hmm, pricey. Is there anyway to see if our box has existing licenses because i would presume it would have. Like will the serial number of the box give details

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.