Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello

Can U pls give me a list of supported/recommended cameras for Polycom PVX software?

What cameras are U using? I have good experience with HP Deluxe DT Webcam 1.3 Megapixel but it is no longer available.

the only list i have found is form 2006 😕

Cameras Supported
• Recommended: GlobalMedia iREZ K2 Camera USB 2.0
(supports VGA @30fps)
• Logitech® QuickCam® Pro 4000
• Logitech QuickCam for Notebooks Pro
• Logitech QuickCam Orbit

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I use the Logitech Pro 9000 and it works great.  Most of the newer HD webcams should work.

HP Recommended

We have some sites that use the Logitech Orbit AF webcam. It works fine for us and was easy to set up.

HP Recommended

I just found out about this community from a Polycom support person, as PVX doesn't seem to be supported by Polycom any longer.... 

I inherited a Logitech Pro 9000 webcam when someone got a new laptop with built-in webcam.  Previously I only 'watched' conferences but could not be 'seen' (which was and is still fine with me).   But to assist someone trying to get PVX to run on a new laptop I want all options to be working properly on my end, and when I start PVX (PC is running XP/SP3) the yellow triangle in the lower right leads to a warning that no camera is connected to my computer.  I know this is incorrect based on feedback from www.testmycam.net which shows my face just fine.  Any ideas as to what is happening here?  Any settings I can change to make this work, as it apparently is compatible.  TIA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.